Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Trading in The Bird, what next C5 Vette or lease a truck

Old 06-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trading in The Bird, what next C5 Vette or lease a truck

so i am throwing everything back to stock on my bird...and have 2 options, trade it in and get a nice weekend warrior.nice day driving c5 vette, or trade it in and lease a brand new truck.

I like the lease idea on a truck cause i can drive it all year round, and i dont ave to keep it. I dont stay with the same car too long, even tough its just like renting cause your throwing money towards nothing.

Now for the Vette, ive always wanted one,, but i know im going to get raped on my trade in and on the price of the vette, i was figuring after i sell the performance parts on my bird i should be able to cover what they rape me on the trade in, my car has 70k and is a 99, clean as hell, interior and exterior. What does everyone think i sould do and what am i going to be looking at for a decent ls1 vette c5, and what to expect on my trade in
Anyways whats your guys input, i d really appreciate it
Old 06-29-2008, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

I hate leases, renting a car will always make you lose lots of money.

Even if you get raped on the trade in and buying a Corvette you'll still end up ahead of the lease.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro
I hate leases, renting a car will always make you lose lots of money.

Even if you get raped on the trade in and buying a Corvette you'll still end up ahead of the lease.
Yeah leases suck I mean I guess they are good for some people but **** you will probably have a very high payment and you will be throwing away a ton of money in the end
Old 06-29-2008, 02:29 PM
On The Tree

yeah go with the vette if you get it from a dealer ship go at the end of the month they always are trying to hit there goal then so u will get a better deal and dont ever take any first offers wait till they are ready to throw you out the door.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Launching!

thanks guys, what should be my bottom dollar on a trade for my car(wat tey are going to give me for my bird)... its a 99 with 70,000 clean as a whistle, and what should i expect for a mid mileage ls1 vette (i want to make sure i dont get ripped on the vette or my trade in
Old 06-29-2008, 03:37 PM
11 Second Club

Dont trade it in, private sale is gonna net you the most for your pride and joy. Yeah you might have to wait a little longer to get the sale, but it would be worth it for you in the long run.. All they do with trade ins, is mark up the price then your getting **** for your car.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Launching!

ya i know man, i just want a vette so badly this year, but i guess in the end ill be better off private selling. The car is absolutely gorgeous, so i shouldnt have a problem, but like tom petty says "the wait is the hardest part" lol god damn i want a vette
Old 06-29-2008, 03:56 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah, I can understand that. But here is the deal.. If you dont wait, you will end up in something that you just wanted... If you do, you will find the perfect vette. I vote take your time, and sell her outright privately, then start looking.

I would love to work a deal on your fast setup or you wet kit... But at the moment, I am so broke I cant even pay attention... GL man. Unless you want the help with demodding, and we can work something.

Search this Thread