Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Ticket question

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 01:51 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Default Ticket question

11-601 (a) Failure to reduce speed

-No accident, no vehicle speeds written on ticket.

Haven't had a ticket for several years, should I lawyer up or just show up? Cop was friendly, I think she wrote the ticket mostly because of what I was doing and cuz many people probably called me in.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lead by example John, take responsibility for your actions, blah blah blah, you don't want all of the kids on the site that look up to you as one of the faces associated with being responsible for the existence of the site trying to be like you and get out of a ticket, yada yada. . .

. . .who am I kidding, lawyer up and stick it to the man!
Old 07-07-2008, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John - From IL Sec of State site http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/pu...dsd_dc1913.pdf

11-601(a) 10 Speeding too fast for conditions

Court Supervision if available in your county probably cheapest way out w/no points(provided you can make it 6mos without another

And this statement 'I think she wrote the ticket mostly because of what I was doing' makes me wanna ask what you were doing????

Last edited by Rick99TAWS6; 07-07-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:49 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I had just aired up the slicks in the Camaro and splashed in some gas. As I drove down Irving Park Road I caught the light. The devil started whispering in my ear... "You should launch the car off the trans brake and run through all the gears, there's nobody in front of you." Car runs 10's on motor as it sits.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I had just aired up the slicks in the Camaro and splashed in some gas. As I drove down Irving Park Road I caught the light. The devil started whispering in my ear... "You should launch the car off the trans brake and run through all the gears, there's nobody in front of you." Car runs 10's on motor as it sits.
LOL.
If it was me in your situation I'd just try and take DD to keep it off your record and another discount on insurance, but I'm not sure how they do it up there.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:05 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

DD = daily driver?

I will check into a lawyer if I can find a cheap one but the ticket is written light, she could have wrote it real heavy based on a number of things... like slicks, etc.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
DD = daily driver?

I will check into a lawyer if I can find a cheap one but the ticket is written light, she could have wrote it real heavy based on a number of things... like slicks, etc.
DD= Defensive driving. In Texas (maybe for you too) you can attend a class for a few hours and they show you movies of car wrecks and stuff from the 50's then you take a test at the end. No points.

edit: If you are able I would probably go the DD route. Lawyer might be a bit more in the long run but most likely cheaper to get a lawyer than to pay the ticket outright.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:13 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

DD would be fine I'd like to avoid points. I'll look into the lawyer angle.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by OnyxY2KSS
DD= Defensive driving. In Texas (maybe for you too) you can attend a class for a few hours and they show you movies of car wrecks and stuff from the 50's then you take a test at the end. No points.

edit: If you are able I would probably go the DD route. Lawyer might be a bit more in the long run but most likely cheaper to get a lawyer than to pay the ticket outright.
And if you take the defensive driving you can also get a paper to show your insurance company to get a discount there too. Not sure if thats how it is for you up there though.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Be glad she didn't **** you I guess.

Just go to court and request supervision. Pretty simple...You pay the fine, but it isn't put on your record. If you haven't had a ticket in a while you'll have no issues getting supervision.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, wasn't sure about Cook county(if that is where you got it) but here(Sangamon) you can request court supervision, if you have not had any tickets for a while, you pay a little more than what the fine would be, but if you do not get any other tickets in 6 months it does not go on your record......... however all should be aware that supervisions are now reported and tracked by SOS so that you cannot get away with supervisions in multiple counties like some used to
Old 07-07-2008, 09:12 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Dunno most of my old tickets were like 85 in a 55 (usually I was going over 90 but they dropped down the mph), so I had a lot of those.

Just got referred to a lawyer, heard he is $150 which is perfect for me. I will call him tomorrow a guy on the board has used him a lot.