Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Ready to throw a grenade under my hood!!!!

Old 07-11-2008, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Ready to throw a grenade under my hood!!!!

I'm sure you can tell from the title that I have just about had it with my car! To list the problems:

-Was rejected from Emissions b/c not all of the OBDII tests weren't complete (was supposed to be done by June)
-Have a vacuum leak that causes my idle to float between 800-1000
-NOW my transmission was throwing a code for a bad 1-2 shift solenoid and when getting off the highway today the car shifted really hard, almost like it tries twice to get into gear.

At first it was a simple vacuum leak that was going to get fixed as soon as I had some free time, then the trans starts acting up today, and the SES light goes on.

I would say that I always try to keep my car in great running order, but its like all of this happened within a month and I am about ready to just give up on it.

Sorry I had to vent my frustration before I punched a hole in a wall, if anyone might have any advice as to what I should do, or what might be wrong it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Also I have been trying to sell the car, so now that these new problems have started, I am def willing to drop the price a decent amount, that is if anyone wants to take out the old and swap it for a new LSX lol
Old 07-11-2008, 11:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hand grenade under the hood. Nice! I talk about burning mine every other week. Im in a similar situation. Just a bunch of little problems getting you down. Just keep your head up and work through it.

In the mean while, Ill be standing next to my car with about 2 dollars worth of gas and a match.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Breaking Stuff
Hand grenade under the hood. Nice! I talk about burning mine every other week. Im in a similar situation. Just a bunch of little problems getting you down. Just keep your head up and work through it.

In the mean while, Ill be standing next to my car with about 2 dollars worth of gas and a match.
haha 2 dollars these days? thats hmmm about a teaspoon?? thanks for the kind words!
Old 07-12-2008, 12:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

I live in wheeling. If you have a garage or driveway Id be willing to give you a hand on getting things squared away. If not, you should come out on Saturday nights. A small group of us meets @ Photos on wolf.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:01 AM
12 Second Club

I also know how you feel. Its like there are gremlins living in my car. I was out crusing the other day and my car's powersteering pump pulley exploded for no reason. over 50 pieces!!! Threw the belt, cut some wires/coolant lines. Overheated... etc. Motor is fine but its just frustrating that everywhere I go "junkyard or stealership item!" WTF!!! One guy wanted to see the pulley, I was like "umm, thats impossible"....

... forgot to mention, I have reverse hail dents from the pieces!
Old 07-12-2008, 02:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i hade 10 codes at 1 time on my car i evetually got it down to 1 code now my valvesprings decide to explode on me luckily no damage to the piston....but my car is sitting there with no heads on it now. i hate not driving it......but i may take my nova the photos tomorrow if people are gonna show up!
Old 07-12-2008, 12:25 PM
10 Second Club

I'd hate to live in a place that has mandatory emmisions testing. Who ever that tests it would just laugh at me when I brought it to them. I was about to go off the deep end on my trans problems, but now that it is done it has been running like a champ ever since.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Emissions testing is a joke though. Theres no visual around here. As long as youre not throwing codes you are gold. Not that I have to take them anyway.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

i remember reading a lil while back about someone on here who went in for emissions and the emissions place's computer wasn't working properly so they hooked the car up to the sniffer and they failed. can't remember who it was. i have to go in for mine within the next couple weeks. they closed all the ones closest to me though.(hillside and downers)
Old 07-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Teching In

i got mine done two days ago. i went to the place i didnt even get out of the car. he told me to honk, turn my lights and blinkers on and i paid 15 and was on my way God bless Texas
Old 07-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

thats weird, i've never had to pay for any emissions testing. just pull in, they hook up to the computer and 5 minutes later your out the door.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:07 AM
TECH Resident

that sucks... i went to a pontiac dealership today cause i had 4 f-ing lights on (SES, Brake, Trac, ABS) i was at the edge of trading that bitch in for a honda or something. called me a couple hours later and everything is all good, $120 i was out the door. turns out some stupid **** where the shop that had it before cracked the fuse box ??? stupid. anyways i still have my SES but thats bc of !AIR/EGR/CATS/rear 02s.... to hell with emissions
Old 07-15-2008, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah my car has problems constantly, ive owned it for about 2 months and ive had the car for about a total of 2 weeks, the rest of the time its at the shop. now yesterday it just gifted me with a blown head gasket....
Old 07-15-2008, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

I think we need to get the sponsors to build us an "easy button"!! i swear with my car i would be hittn that bitch non stop!!
Old 07-16-2008, 08:56 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,089 Likes on 717 Posts

Vaccum leak should be an easy fix, check all the pcv hoses first and then check everything over.

Not sure on the trans, but I know a shop guy that you can call who's on the far North side of Chicago (in the city) who's pretty good with F-Bodies.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ready to throw a grenade under my hood!!!!