Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Cedar Falls are IA guys I need advice on Campgrounds

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 07:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cedar Falls are IA guys I need advice on Campgrounds

We are planning on going to Tristate and racing Aug 30 and 31, then staying the week in the area and then heading off to CFR for racing 5, 6, and 7th.

Where is a good spot to camp? I would need electric and water hookups and on site showers are a given + a place to park all of our cars and crap. Prob want someplace close to CFR so we can get parts and have something to do and what not.

Anyone got any good ones I need to get this booked since one of the days is Labor day. Not sure with all the flooding down there what is open and what is not.

Thanks guys.....
Old 07-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Teching In

George Wyth State Park is here in Cedar Falls, the campground is closed right now from the flood but i believe they are hoping to be open by the end of July. You can find contact info on this website if youre interested:

http://www.iowadnr.gov/parks/state_p...orge_wyth.html
Old 07-18-2008, 01:48 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks I looked into it, I would have booked it but I am not sure if I have to rent a spot for my cousins dually and enclosed or if they have a spot to park it so I am waiting and the person that runs it is on leave.

Also I have heard of a place called Antique Acres or something like that also just north of the track?

Any car action in Waterloo or Cedar at night?? We are going to get pretty board during the week at night so we may take them off the trailer.