Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Going to Bagram, Afghanistan

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robcas47
BAF has it's highs and lows just like any other place out there. I just got back from there last month, I was stationed in Kandahar but would pass through BAF from time to time, also part of my unit was stationed there. They could do more to improve the living conditions but instead they built up everything else, at least you'll have a roof over your head. There are some kick *** gyms there so you'll get all the pt you can handle. If you're a light sleeper then you'll have a problem if you get set up in camp albert. all in all you'll have a nice deployment in BAF, no mortar/rocket attacks to worry about, there's always a chow hall close by or on your way to work, a lot of the USO shows are there, and as long as you wear your PT belt you won't have to worry about a $20 ticket, yep, that's right, there is a $20 fine for not wearing your PT belt at night or times of limited vis. Also there is a patty wagon that patrols the base and picks up any one not wearing their pt belt or walking/running with their ipod in use, or any other uniform violations they can think of. They take you back to their hq, call your COC, give you a fine, and send you on your way. This is all true people. War is hell

See post #5
Old 03-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Launching!

wow, i was there in 04-05 and unless baf got progressively worse, which i have a very hard time believing, i can't believe people are bitching about the living conditions. 5 years ago we had 2 px's, 4 chow halls, masssage parlor, and they were starting to build all those goofy restaurant/coffee shops. if someone really thinks its not bad there, they need to stay out in the field for a couple weeks to see what bad really is. i'm currently in iraq and when we got here, we were at camp liberty. i couldn't wait to get off of it and out to our jss, which is where i'm currently at. i hated all the officers and stupid regs that you shouldn't have to deal with while being deployed. in my opinion, the smaller the fob and less people, the better
Old 03-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jason00ss
i can't believe people are bitching about the living conditions. in my opinion, the smaller the fob and less people, the better
they are starting to build up new mods but for now most people are in B-Huts. They are 4-8 man rooms and it looks like a bunch of cleaned up welded together conexs IMO. I've seen this same set up jerry rigged at some of the smaller fob's in RC South. I agree with you about the smaller fob's, i was stationed at KAF but was always dropping off beans and bullets to the other fob's and would stay there from time to time due mechanical reasons or mission specific. They always had the best chow and a nice lax attitude. BAF just sucks IMO because there are to many REMF's with nothing to do and nowhere to go. I forgot to mention earlier they also have a nightly CP conducted by company commanders and 1SG's, they basically roam and check out all the common places where soldiers are known to sneak off and try and get laid. War is hell.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got back from there Jan 14 from another 5 month deployment in 2 years from there. For me it sucked just because I'm a F-15 expediter and we had to travel to the other side of the base to the Echo/Mike ramp every night for work (F-15/A-10 ramp). The Dragon dfac which just opened when I got there is very very nice. There is a barbecue dfac on the north end by the gas pumps. The bx sucks cause it can never keep supplies so if your a night worker take plenty of tylenol pm or nyquil. If your going to be there during the winter time bring an electric blanket, trust me you won't regret it (if your staying in a B-hut and not one of the dorms). I don't know what the dude is talking about a $20 fine for not wearing a reflective belt, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard....must be an army thing, besides no one carries cash. They use debit or eagle cash because the 2 atm's on the whole freakin base are always out of cash. The bizarre should be opening back up as they close for the winter months and do have some cool stuff but are way over priced, you need to talk them down. Internet is $35 for 64kbps and $70 for 128kbps (with the latter being just above dial up) with cable being another $30. The trans guys have it made, we gave them our broke trucks and they kept them for weeks on end and gave them back worse! But in your defense you guys are the busiest ones there imo. Good luck take lots of kool-aid singles as water get pretty freaking boring. I'll be back in July 2010...can't freakin wait
Old 03-19-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

im at bagram right now and its not to bad but this is my first deployment so i have nothing to compare it to. just to put that out there that its pretty good.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:02 AM
On The Tree

Bagram is like being in garrison gotta have clean uniform blackened rank on pc pt belt at night. crap you get a ticket for hands in pockets they take you to mp station and commander or e7 up has to come get you. they do have a nice bbq defac hidden away and the massage parlor rocks but its like being home just with out the family around
Old 03-20-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by usaf_hess
im at bagram right now and its not to bad but this is my first deployment so i have nothing to compare it to. just to put that out there that its pretty good.
Are you a A-10 guy out of DM?
Old 03-24-2009, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

no i am ammo but i am here for other duties, he is right it is a 75 dollar fine if you get caught withot your reflective belt at night and im not sure about the pockets but it has been cold lately either way i havnt seen anyone get in trouble for that.

The barbeque dfac is nice an so is the regular the bx is not to bad but you gotta remember your deployed lol so its good.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:50 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a cluster f*ck to me
Old 03-26-2009, 10:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Its actually not to bad but you gotta remember your deployed so it aint gonna be to great, ill just say its good for what it is but i havnt seen other bases yet.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I just found out my mission, I cant get into details but My squad will be the 1st security forces unit ever in Bagram to do all outside the wire duties. They are giving us Nomex Army ACU's to wear and all that jazz but I heard they are gonna stick us in tents since we are not relieving anyone due to this brand new mission...if someone can get somemore feedback on how packed B-huts or dorms are there gimme a shout, I've been in a tent for a month now and would like a hardened structure if possible lol.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:51 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good Luck
Old 03-27-2009, 09:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

LOL man i dont think your gonna get in a dorm of b hut, they have us in a tent right now and there packing the RLB/dorms residents 4 to a room being in a tent is alot better(more room).

As of right now ther even puting ncos in tents there are 4 in this one with our group.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:32 AM
TECH Resident

Another DM peep rep'n....hess, what up man. I'll be home soon...cant wait to take the bird out for nice ride with the T-tops off! Gonna replace my pos 90TB and get the bitch retuned for the 1,000 time and hopefully all goes well. Also got a new n20 plate to play with....Im searching for a very high 10 sec slip. Later bro....
Old 04-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Staging Lane

Location: Currently, Zormat, Afghanistan....Home staion, FT. Richardson, Alaska

Went through bagram on my way to zormat. Place is gay as aids, lol.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

I'll be there this winter. My last deployment was 12 Months on Camp Victory, so I know how to deal with the BS.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:39 PM

Default trying to find someone in Bagram

Hi, I am trying to find someone there in Bagram. I realize this is a needle in the haystack but... Her name is Marie and she is a civilian contractor there or at least she was 18-24 months ago. It is very important that I find her. If you can help in any way, or if there is another civvie there that will have a way to contact her, please let me know. Thank you so much. God Bless!!
Old 10-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Ok no b\s bagram the food is better out on the fobs in the northern area where the war is. Its dusty as hell . The people there are asses. The main road disney youll walk all the way down to the px from one end to the other saluting the whole way. And like the other guy said the people there dont know there is a war goin on outside the wire its ran by mostly air force and its huge you wont see most of it. So thats my speel i would rather be out on the fobs where i am now.
Big gunz
Old 10-29-2010, 10:15 AM
12 Second Club

i hate going to Bagram. I wont go to the PX during the day when i make my stops there because of all the power happy officers. its like going to college almost but in a **** hole country. And dont forget ws6 nc88 the war is going on down south too
Old 11-05-2010, 03:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

You know its funny sitting back reading all these comments. I left there 20 months ago and it seems it hasn't changed a bit. Big picture...for a deployed location its pretty damn good. I've been in 15 years and been to some real **** holes. I look back on it now and realize it's not so bad. It's not Al Udied or PSAB or Al's Garage but i have been to worse. Bitching about saluting or not wearing a reflective belt is ******* non-sense. I got to call home 6-7 times a week, fed fabulous food, had internet, television and radio in my B-hut. Access to new DVD's, music and some cool local national goods (the flea market) I know there are some people out there eating MRE's every night with sleepless nights sleeping on the ground in nasty cold weather. WOW, Bagram all of the sudden sounds pretty good. See you all back there in March. Look for the badass F-15's from Mountain Home, ID. I'll miss my twin turbo'd Z

Quick Reply: Going to Bagram, Afghanistan