Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Going to Bagram, Afghanistan

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Going to Bagram, Afghanistan

I'll be in country mid April and I am security forces in the AF. I've been deployed before but was wondering how the base was. Like how is the chow hall and the living faclities and do they have indoor plumbing within the connexes. Anything is appreciated.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey buddy...im at a FOB south of you called Lightning. My girlfriend is at Bagram doing Couger traiing and besides it being pretty big and spread out they have everything you would need there. Good food , bx etc...
However Most people i know hate it because everyone there is rude and alot of transit people come and go threw there alot.
I saw you got it good there but i perfer a small fob. Have fun out there bro. Hit me up sometime if you wanna talk ls1's lol.
Chris.a.hart@afghan.swa.army.mil

good luck bro.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Teching In

I heard it is Canadian run, so it is hooked up lol.
My squad leader just got back from 16 months there and said they had massage therapy and everything. Im probably just forwarding on bad information via the Private News Network, but its just what I heard.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Teching In

I'll be there in June as Vehicle Maintenance for the AF, so let me know how it is.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Restricted User

That place is ******* stupid. Its like the toolbag *** ***** over there don't know there's a war going on outside the wire. They're more concerned with making sure everyone is wearing a reflective belt. Its also funny as **** to see some fat *** airforce bitch with PTs on and a ******* dropleg holster that is falling off her hip and strapped around her knee. I dreaded going there to draw opfund, etc.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98
I'll be in country mid April and I am security forces in the AF. I've been deployed before but was wondering how the base was. Like how is the chow hall and the living faclities and do they have indoor plumbing within the connexes. Anything is appreciated.
Well back in my day...... haha no seriously i was there in 03-04.....i am a Marine and wasn't used to the luxary there at all! Every Friday (maybe Saturday too), it was Surf and Turf night at the chow hall! Steak and shrimp, or steak and lobster....i was eating better there than i was back at my homebase! It's a skate place.....with 107mm's watch out!
Old 02-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Dex
TECH Regular

It was pretty nice for a deployment when i was there in 06. Cant compare it to anything beings it was my only deployment. Chow halls werent bad at all, there were 4 of them i belive so you dont have to walk a mile to eat. Bx was nice, you dont live in a tent i forgot what they called them B huts or something wasnt bad very livable. Didnt have a roommate either. When i was there it was army ran. I would go back hell i've tried to go anywhere but the bastard here wont send me they'd rather send someone who doesnt want to go.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:55 AM
TECH Regular

Dude I just got back from there three months ago, its not bad at all. Its got gyms everywhere, a decent PX, with all sorts of little shops around it, it has pizza hut, burger king, the starbucks wannabe coffee shop, popeyes chicken. This is all at AAFES town, they do in fact have massage parlors, how ever beaware when you get a hair cut there cause the chicks are okay looking for a deployment, but I always had the luck that this one gay guy would always get to cut my hair!! Its a pretty safe area, we did take indirect fire but the base is so huge that it usually hits way out in the middle of no where.

On disney drive there is alot of officers walking up and down because they have nothing better to do then to go to the Bazaar which is every friday I believe, ummm they have a cell phone shop, though it is expensive somewhat but the reception was great and I was able to call home laying down in my hooch. Brings lots of cold weather gear, it gets FREEZING during the winter months. Im trying to remember everything, uhh oh yeah they have internet too that they install inside your Bhut or where ever youll be living so you can go online inside your room as well as cable television. The time I spent in Bagram during my deployment was pretty chill. Feel free to email me or IM me at USArmyWS6 on aim if you have any more questions
Old 02-11-2009, 06:36 AM
TECH Resident

^ Damn, and I thought Al Dhafra was chill...
Old 02-11-2009, 06:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bagram is a $hit hole. I'm in Salerno and had to stay a BAF for a few days to get a flight into SAL. To many officers which means saluting all the time. The chow halls are packed, from all the damn troops. Its a dirty post. Flown in there a few times since getting into country in Jan. I'm glad I'm at SAL.
SSG Steele
CH-47D FE
Old 02-11-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bagram rocks compared to anything else there in country, you will enjoy it much better than you would anywhere else in the region. I used to go to the barbecue chow hall every time I flew in there and loved it.

John (Marine Sgt)
Old 02-12-2009, 08:03 PM
TECH Regular

The worst thing about Bagram are the officers, and it is true the chow halls get packed. If you're gonna complain about it being dirty I dunno what youre doing in the military :/.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well this is my second deployment. First time was in Feb 03 to Iraq and I know about being dirty. I was just stating that BAF isn't as nice as some of the smaller FOB's. That's all.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 89formula350b2l
Well back in my day...... haha no seriously i was there in 03-04.....i am a Marine and wasn't used to the luxary there at all! Every Friday (maybe Saturday too), it was Surf and Turf night at the chow hall! Steak and shrimp, or steak and lobster....i was eating better there than i was back at my homebase! It's a skate place.....with 107mm's watch out!
wow u were there around the same time as me. i came there in oct 0f 04. marines as well. steak and lobster night mmmmm. i stayed at camp teuflehunden.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:43 PM
ZRO
Staging Lane

I am in Bagram now, as a civilian though and dont much care for it. Way to many people here for me prefer to be at a small base or fob it makes my job easier. The food is ok at best, the best dfac is dragon dfac. Friday night is still the steak and shrimp or lobster night. Two px's and a couple of gyms which stay packed. Its pretty cold right now but should be getting hot in april. Not sure how the air force living conditions are but most people stay in beehuts. I stay in one with 10 other people and the heat barely works. Have to walk a good 50 yards to take a **** or shower.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I'm an amatuer Muay Thai fighter and really need to continue my training while I'm there. Is there any heavybags to hit or anything of that nature?
Old 02-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Staging Lane

BAF has it's highs and lows just like any other place out there. I just got back from there last month, I was stationed in Kandahar but would pass through BAF from time to time, also part of my unit was stationed there. They could do more to improve the living conditions but instead they built up everything else, at least you'll have a roof over your head. There are some kick *** gyms there so you'll get all the pt you can handle. If you're a light sleeper then you'll have a problem if you get set up in camp albert. all in all you'll have a nice deployment in BAF, no mortar/rocket attacks to worry about, there's always a chow hall close by or on your way to work, a lot of the USO shows are there, and as long as you wear your PT belt you won't have to worry about a $20 ticket, yep, that's right, there is a $20 fine for not wearing your PT belt at night or times of limited vis. Also there is a patty wagon that patrols the base and picks up any one not wearing their pt belt or walking/running with their ipod in use, or any other uniform violations they can think of. They take you back to their hq, call your COC, give you a fine, and send you on your way. This is all true people. War is hell
Old 02-24-2009, 02:56 AM
Teching In

I'll be heading that way in mid to late April as well. Good times.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Banned

You guys want to share your social's too?
Old 02-24-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by robcas47
BAF has it's highs and lows just like any other place out there. I just got back from there last month, I was stationed in Kandahar but would pass through BAF from time to time, also part of my unit was stationed there. They could do more to improve the living conditions but instead they built up everything else, at least you'll have a roof over your head. There are some kick *** gyms there so you'll get all the pt you can handle. If you're a light sleeper then you'll have a problem if you get set up in camp albert. all in all you'll have a nice deployment in BAF, no mortar/rocket attacks to worry about, there's always a chow hall close by or on your way to work, a lot of the USO shows are there, and as long as you wear your PT belt you won't have to worry about a $20 ticket, yep, that's right, there is a $20 fine for not wearing your PT belt at night or times of limited vis. Also there is a patty wagon that patrols the base and picks up any one not wearing their pt belt or walking/running with their ipod in use, or any other uniform violations they can think of. They take you back to their hq, call your COC, give you a fine, and send you on your way. This is all true people. War is hell
Thats gotta be the dumbest **** I've ever heard for a deployed location. The wing king must be regulating hardcore for some serious **** ups to have the SP's doing that.

Quick Reply: Going to Bagram, Afghanistan