Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Ft. Lewis guys in here?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 10:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ft. Lewis guys in here?

So just got home on leave from BCT and i will be heading to Ft. Lewis at the end of the month. Just Wondering if anyone on here is stationed there, im going to be going to the 4th brigade but thats all i know right now. Just seeing if anyone here might know of some cool things to do up there. just lemme know would really appreciate it. thanks
Old 05-11-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Regular

There is pacific raceways not too far from there and they do street legals and have some pretty cool events, i think the super chevy show goes by there, there is also an 1/8th mile in bremerton that does brackets every weekend in the summer. Its a pretty cool place up there and some of the counties dont have emissions.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Bremerton is a quarter mile track-an yes if you live in Thurston county you won't have to do emissions, but guess what?....Fort Lewis is in Pierce so you'll have to do emissions if you wanna have your car registered on base lol. They just started this last year an it sucks cuz now i'll actually have to get an emissions test done when i get back from Iraq. I replied to your PM koking so let me know if you've got anymore questions.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:25 AM
TECH Regular

I lived in Kitsap and was stationed on Bangor, no emissions there. Its been a few years i guess bremerton is 1/4 my bad. Pacific is probably the nicest track i have been too though.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

thanks guys just keep it coming.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Pacific is nice but man does it get crowded on Test an tune nights. I stopped going there cuz it just wasnt worth the drive. you'd sit there for a good 45 mins in between your runs waiting on other drivers. The good thing about pacific tho is they do have a roadcourse if you ever want to get into that-i tried it last year an it was alot of fun. Bremerton is good if you just want to stay into drag racing-alot less crowded an tech is a little more laid back as well.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

so whats seattle like? i live in dallas ftworth area of texas, and have never been to washington and i was just wondering what it was like there? im really excited to go but kinda need to know especially the weather.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Launching!

i just got stationed at ft. lewis too im in 4th brigade. there is alot of stuff to do here. seattle is cool but there alot of homeless people and pot heads around
Old 05-19-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey, i am from Grapevine, TX stationed at Fort Lewis,..though currently deployed.

As mentioned, Lewis is a wonderful place. Yes it rains a lot and yes it's got its downs like any post but the car scene isn't bad. It's not DFW for sure, but there are some good tracks and many Car shows/cruises in the summer months.

I won't be back until February but if you see a Red C6Z06 on North Fort, that would be me.

Cheers - Scoobs
Old 05-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Launching!

i'm on Fort Lewis. PM me. we cruise all the time on weekends
Old 05-22-2009, 05:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont particulary like driving around Seattle, mainly cuz my car is an M6 an there are alot of steep hills here. Yes lots of bums who like to **** anywhere an everywhere. The space needle is cool to go to especially on new years.

Quick Reply: Ft. Lewis guys in here?