Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Who here is stationed at Lemoore?

Old 08-07-2009, 08:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Who here is stationed at Lemoore?

Well I tried to escape California but when selections for orders came up pickings were a bit slim unless you wanted to go east coast or Iraq. So I ended up getting orders to an F/A-18 squadron in Lemoore.

Could be worse, at least I didnt get stuck in Norfolk

So who here is stationed there?
Old 08-10-2009, 10:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am. what squadron you going to?
Old 08-10-2009, 10:13 AM
11 Second Club

Also when do you get to lemoore? We have 5 ls1 guys here, and we all get together and go down to Famoso dragstrip on the test and tune days, if you want, your more than welcome to come out with us.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn, wish I could get a VFA in Lemoore. I have an F-18 (VX-31)background and got sent to an H-60 Combat Support/Operations squadron.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02_ramair_ta
Also when do you get to lemoore? We have 5 ls1 guys here, and we all get together and go down to Famoso dragstrip on the test and tune days, if you want, your more than welcome to come out with us.

I'm going to VFA-14, should get there sometime around April or so. I have to get a couple NEC's before I get there so everything is kinda up in the air. Good to hear there are other guys with LS1's there, definitely gotta meet up when I get there.

I'm trying to decide if I should live in base housing or live off base, what's your opinion for Lemoore?

I'm living in a (non-military housing) 5 year old 4 bed 2.5 bath house w/ 2100 sq ft now so I think base housing would take some getting used to. Here in SD base housing is nothing but town houses and most places have 1 car garages.

Thanks man, look forward to seeing you there!
Old 08-11-2009, 01:02 AM
11 Second Club

Housing is about the same here, but I think its the way to go. Lemoore's BAH rates are kinda crappy, when you look into rent, and cost of living combined. You would be coming out of pocket, to live out in town. Housing aint bad, thats where I live. 1 car garage, that is attached to 4 bedrooms, and its not small, but, its a duplex, so, kinda suck, but I never get any complaints about being loud, or anything, and I have a compressor that kicks on at random times, to keep pressure. I was in VFA-151, but I am going to FRC west, in a month, Im on my transfer leave rightnow. To be honest, Lemoore/hanford, as an area, kinda sucks when compaired to San Deigo, or something like that, its small, kinda remote, and has crappy tasting water.. you know the little things that add up, not to mention it smells like you live next to 6 dairy farms.. cuz you do, and well, that might be why the water taste funny.. lmao..

Base aint bad, they have an awesome hospital, Gym is pretty nice size, and new stuff, they take pretty good care of it. I have never used the Auto hobby shop, but I heard it sucks.

If you think of anything else you want to know, just hit me up, thats about all I could think of at the time.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

^Awsome thanks for the info.

Looks like I'll be looking for a house in Hanford, I dont mind paying a bit out of pocket for utilities and everything else, I tried military housing from '99-'02 and it was a nightmare I dont desire to experience again(almost got kicked out because I didnt rake my yard in the middle of winter when there was still some snow on the ground...WTF?). I'm planning on getting a 3rd car when I get there so I'd really like a 2 car garage and a driveway. My BAH will be $1,258(down from $2,122 in SD) along with $100 incentive pay so I should be able to get a decent place after looking at what's listed on ahrn.com.

LOL I dont mind the smell of dairy farms, I grew up in Wisconsin

Hobby shop sucks? No big deal to me really since I prefer to work on my car in my own garage.

Overall I'm actually really looking forward to getting there, pretty much everyone I work with that talks **** about Lemoore has never actually lived there. On the other hand 2 guys I know that were stationed there before actually enjoyed it. I'm sick of San Diego anyway and was trying to get out of here so it will be a welcome change.

If I think of anything else to ask I'll hit you up

Thanks again man

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who here is stationed at Lemoore?