Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Recognize ALL who serve and have served.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 07:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recognize ALL who serve and have served.

here is a copy of a post i put into the military discount thread. but it applies to everything not just discounts. just apply the concept to whatever situation applies. and please keep in mind that this post comes from a former ACTIVE duty marine. There are a LOT of men and women who have served and are serving that DO NOT get the appreciation that they deserve. period.

Here is one thing that kinda urks me. I see a whole lot of active duty discounts...as i did spend 4 years as a jarhead i think that is awesome. and dont get me wrong i used to make fun of the national guard a whole lot. reserves too. however, after getting out of the corps i missed it. but by that time i had met my wife and had a kid, so i joined the guard. plus they helped out with my college bills! the national guard has played a HUGE roll in iraq and in operation future farmers of afghanistan. i just think that all service members deserve a discount. even if a volunteer fireman saves your life does he not deserve recognition just because he is "part time" or "reserve"? the guard and reserves play a big part in everything, and most of them are former active members who do their part knowing that they dont get the credit they deserve. i go through this all the time, when i was in the corps i was HARDCORE and i still am. but now that i am a guardsman some one might look at me and say look a guardsman, i bet he is a shitbag. i bet he cant pass his pt test. i bet he joined the guard cause he couldnt go active. blah blah blah. i do my job as a guardsman knowing damn good and well i wont get credit for it, but thats fine with me. i do it because its my job, its my DUTY.

Semper Fi to ALL service members. We all have a role, no matter how big or small. OOHRAH!

sorry, rant over.

Last edited by green96ta; 11-11-2009 at 08:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Recognize ALL who serve and have served.