Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Uniform to wear to a funeral.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Uniform to wear to a funeral.

Hey, guys I just have a question. I am recently out of my A school and stuck in the reserves. I had a blast for the whole half a year I was "active duty". Well today I just found out a close family friend died, and the funeral is soon. My father asked me to where my uniform to the funeral, because this person was the second most patriotic man I have ever meet next to my father. Should I where my Dress Whites or Dress Blues. I mean technically its winter here in FL., but when we drill its sleeves up. I know Im not wearing my CUU's cause thats disrespectful imo. I also have my NSU(peanut butters) but feel like I should be more formal.

Also my whites need to be cleaned, would you guys feel safe taking them to a local dry cleaners? The one on Fort Leonard Wood sucked, so I never went there.

Thanks guys,

Chris
Old 12-20-2010, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is it a military funeral?
Old 12-20-2010, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Regardless, you need to wear your most formal uniform. As far as cleaners, go ask your recruiter or any nearby recruiter office. Those guys usually know who's best in town and can get you a hook up too.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:42 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The one in Fort Lost In The Woods wasn't THAT bad...But usually if you want to wear your uniform to a funeral, it's the most senior one. Doesn't have to be, but can be. And usually if you go to cleaners around the many bases in FL, they should be good and know what to do to not **** them up.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:48 AM
TECH Regular

i wore my class A's to my grandma's funeral at the request of my family. all i have to say about it is make you wear it right not half ***'ed just cause its not a military funeral unless it is...
Old 12-26-2010, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

By the way you are talking I am assuming you are an EO and if so you should know better seabee. You should wear your whites if sleeves are up at your command and you haven't made the official change over to winter uniforms. If you can't get your whites ready then you are never wrong by wearing your dress blues to any official function or memorial service. Make sure you wear your medals as well and not ribbons and your uniform is sharp as can be.

BTW If I remember right this is all in your bluejacket book as well.

-Your friendly UT "A" School Instructor-
Old 12-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Teching In

blues and make sure you got some decent polish on your shoes.

Quick Reply: Uniform to wear to a funeral.