Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Anybody here in Korea or been there?

Old 01-07-2011, 06:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Anybody here in Korea or been there?

Im getting stationed at Camp Mujuk or something like that in April. Anybody have any insight on life in Korea? I need xbox live to live.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was stationed at camp casey 97-98 and i'm going back this june. the place smells like crap, but has some good historical stuff way down south. stay away from the girls working in clubs. drink soju in great moderation, watch the drivers in the grey taxi's they are nuts. street laws are just suggestion. they live under the no harm no foul thing when it comes to traffic laws. depending on the girl to guy ratio on your post you need to stay away from female soldiers as well. its like a deployment. queen for a year, even if they look like george carlin.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Banned

you must be a Marine. Since that is a Marine base. It's a new base, really only about 2 years old. They have a super nice gym, barracks and chow hall. there is nothing to do around there. Most of the guys drive or fly up to Seoul on the long weekends. There is a Marine HQ in Seoul, probably where you will check in at. They have internet down there. just sucks cause your not in a real booming city. though you can still get out and sight see and interact with the locals. One benefit of being down there is that the Military has tainted the opinion of the locals like you normally see around bases.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:48 PM
9 Second Club

I was in Korea, deployed to Osan AFB a few times, way back in the late 70s. It was great then but I heard the folks don't like us as much these days.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

I was stationed up at JSA and then on camp giant In 2003.JSA is well unique......

Giant was pretty fun. Lots of drunk days. The experience is all up to u. It's what u make of it. I'd say if your single you'll have alot more fun. But be careful with your fun.
Fastest way to make your e-4 is to go over as an e-5... This holds true for all ranks. Just watch your *** and dot get to out of control.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

I was at Camp Hovey from 08-09.. As stated, it smells like ***, especially when it rains.. Soju is awsome but be careful with it as it will cause blackouts (had MANY great times and stories). All taxi drivers are crazy... Now there is no more curfew so it shouldn't be too bad. I had a lot of good times there, I personally would not want to be there for the military any time soon again tho
Old 02-09-2011, 03:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

Camp Gary Owen 03 (closed in 05) and Camp Casey 06. Both were great and alot of fun to be had. Curfew sucks but you get used to it. spend your money wisly and no she doesnt love you the first night out you go to a drinky club. that little $20 cup of juice you by for 5 minutes of her time is NOT worth it. human trafficing and prostitution is heavily inforced when i was there and im sure its gotten even tighter. Go out and meet a REAL korean girl and stay way from the club girls. they are looking for a why out. not love. I was married prior to so i knew better (no i didnt "TDY" either lol) Gunnery was fun for me as a tanker.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anybody here in Korea or been there?