Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Question for Military

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Military

Ok so i was at work today and say a guy in an army uniform and he had a camo yamaka on. Is that military issued?
Old 01-10-2011, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh hell no
Old 01-11-2011, 05:55 AM
Staging Lane

not issued, it is authorized for services.. i'm pretty sure its not within regs to wear it outside of participating in religious stuff tho.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:21 AM
Teching In

yes he can wear it if hes the rabi or if it's a jewish holiday that requirs him too.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:25 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by djlackore
Ok so i was at work today and say a guy in an army uniform and he had a camo yamaka on. Is that military issued?
There is no religious anything that's issued. He bought it.

But thats funny, was it ACU pattern? lol.

Originally Posted by Black_95_Z28
not issued, it is authorized for services.. i'm pretty sure its not within regs to wear it outside of participating in religious stuff tho.
I have seen some Jew's walking around here wearing it 24/7 in uniform.

And:
AR 670-1 currently states, "(2) Soldiers may wear religious headgear while in uniform if the headgear meets the following criteria.
(a) It must be subdued in color (black, brown, green, dark or navy blue, or a combination of these colors).
(b) It must be of a style and size that can be completely covered by standard military headgear, and it cannot
interfere with the proper wear or functioning of protective clothing or equipment.
(c) The headgear cannot bear any writing, symbols, or pictures.
(d) Personnel will not wear religious headgear in place of military headgear when military headgear is required
(outdoors, or indoors when required for duties or ceremonies).
(3) Personal grooming. Hair and grooming practices are governed by paragraph 1–8 of this regulation, and exceptions or accommodations based on religious practices will not be granted. As an exception, policy exceptions based on religious practice given to soldiers in accordance with AR 600–20 on or prior to 1 January 1986 remain in effect as long as the soldier remains otherwise qualified for retention."
Old 01-11-2011, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by StoleIt
There is no religious anything that's issued. He bought it.

But thats funny, was it ACU pattern? lol.

I have seen some Jew's walking around here wearing it 24/7 in uniform.

And:
AR 670-1 currently states, "(2) Soldiers may wear religious headgear while in uniform if the headgear meets the following criteria.
(a) It must be subdued in color (black, brown, green, dark or navy blue, or a combination of these colors).
(b) It must be of a style and size that can be completely covered by standard military headgear, and it cannot
interfere with the proper wear or functioning of protective clothing or equipment.
(c) The headgear cannot bear any writing, symbols, or pictures.
(d) Personnel will not wear religious headgear in place of military headgear when military headgear is required
(outdoors, or indoors when required for duties or ceremonies).
(3) Personal grooming. Hair and grooming practices are governed by paragraph 1–8 of this regulation, and exceptions or accommodations based on religious practices will not be granted. As an exception, policy exceptions based on religious practice given to soldiers in accordance with AR 600–20 on or prior to 1 January 1986 remain in effect as long as the soldier remains otherwise qualified for retention."
I'm not going to get too far into this one this time because I almost got myself in a bit of trouble for posting it. However, They just allowed someone into the Army that has a full beard and is also allowing him to wear his turban with his uniform.

And I'm done.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Teching In

YEAH that guy is a Sikh, him cutting his beard off is like u cutting an arm off.

Yamikas are authorized in the AF too, still need installation CC approval.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:48 PM
NKAWTG...N

Yea I have seen a couple practicing Jew's rocking the Yamikas so far. No Turban'ts yet.

And definitely no Burkas.

Quick Reply: Question for Military