Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Any one stationed in Hawaii?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 01:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like it rained the whole 2 months I was there back in march-may lol!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 04:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at least they have a track.typhoon season is just starting.oh well Im glad Im back in Hawaii.missed my toys.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:22 AM
TECH Regular

Haha yea that's how I was for two months
Old 09-02-2012, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

I also live in hawaii. First time I actually scrolled this far down the forums and found the regional forums.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:33 AM
TECH Addict

where you at big island?
Old 09-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Teching In

1st what do y'all do about passing emissions? 2nd is there a good shop/tuner on the island?
Old 09-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cgallagher04
1st what do y'all do about passing emissions? 2nd is there a good shop/tuner on the island?
They don't do emissions testing, but they have yearly safety checks. It focuses more on all the lights working, your tint isn't darker than 35% etc, and suspension at a normal height. They don't even look at your engine, as long you aren't running open headers you should be fine for the exhaust. Technically a shop can make you go through recon or not pass you if realize you have done extensive modification to the vehicle, but it usually doesnt happen.

BSM does the majority of the engine work for our car group (LSX Reapers), but they aren't the best at tuning. Leaf Racing is a great shop we go to for tires, rims, exhuast, bodywork etc. Rad motorsports is supposed to be another good shop, haven't been there myself.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by papashimbers
They don't do emissions testing, but they have yearly safety checks. It focuses more on all the lights working, your tint isn't darker than 35% etc, and suspension at a normal height. They don't even look at your engine, as long you aren't running open headers you should be fine for the exhaust. Technically a shop can make you go through recon or not pass you if realize you have done extensive modification to the vehicle, but it usually doesnt happen.

BSM does the majority of the engine work for our car group (LSX Reapers), but they aren't the best at tuning. Leaf Racing is a great shop we go to for tires, rims, exhuast, bodywork etc. Rad motorsports is supposed to be another good shop, haven't been there myself.
I'm guessing going off your sig...but your "Trae"? Seems like you started a decent little gtg... i came back from deployment and all a sudden you guys where like a GTG city at the NEX.

I was there riding with my buddy Dennis in his '05 Red H/C GTO. That was the night the Yellow Cobra was wrecking everyone, and we lost oil pressure... and coasted all the way down to Kam hwy...

Anyhow... i'll have to check your site for the reapers.. i have a few vids you might want... not to mention i am trying to source some parts for my '77 Trans Am LSX/T-56 build....

-Chris
Old 09-04-2012, 01:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slammedc5
Whats the part number on those? If it'll work on my c5 I might buy one. How much you asking? Need to some some research now
Slammedc5,
hey buddy its Chris.. I met you at BSM the other day. Good talkin to ya... Keep me posted if you here about any motors/T56 for sale ...

Did you ever get your re-run? I'm tellin ya get some DR's,E-Cutout,open up that air shroud thats blocking your intake filter, and start doing 1st gear 30 rolls, and your gonna give people issues with that Cam only setup...

Ask REX about 1st gear 30 rolls with me and my old Firehawk against that gorgeous C6 of his
Old 09-04-2012, 04:08 AM
TECH Addict

true dat chris thats with the stock tune.real sloppy on the shifts.not anymore.still have to strap the c6 on the dyno.running lg super pro 1 7/8 no cats and borla stingers outback now.just curious.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HartAttack
I'm guessing going off your sig...but your "Trae"? Seems like you started a decent little gtg... i came back from deployment and all a sudden you guys where like a GTG city at the NEX.

I was there riding with my buddy Dennis in his '05 Red H/C GTO. That was the night the Yellow Cobra was wrecking everyone, and we lost oil pressure... and coasted all the way down to Kam hwy...

Anyhow... i'll have to check your site for the reapers.. i have a few vids you might want... not to mention i am trying to source some parts for my '77 Trans Am LSX/T-56 build....

-Chris
Chris, sorry for the confusion, no I'm not Trey, my name is Eric, Trey's username on here is Treys06gto. I am one of the first Reapers, but I hardly ever go out.. PM me if you want the local forum alot of us post on if you don't know it already.

Eric
Old 09-17-2012, 02:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Slammedc5,
hey buddy its Chris.. I met you at BSM the other day. Good talkin to ya... Keep me posted if you here about any motors/T56 for sale ...

Did you ever get your re-run? I'm tellin ya get some DR's,E-Cutout,open up that air shroud thats blocking your intake filter, and start doing 1st gear 30 rolls, and your gonna give people issues with that Cam only setup...

Ask REX about 1st gear 30 rolls with me and my old Firehawk against that gorgeous C6 of his
hey man, sorry didnt see this til now. Yeah, I'm getting thre. Going to port my intake do some more tuning and I'LL be out. I can run with 500 hp power cars now as long as the weigh 3600 lbs or more. Lol
Can't wait to see your T.A. whens its done
Old 09-18-2012, 12:27 AM
TECH Addict

think he sold it.he got me on that one.stock tune on the c6 is very sloppy.not anymore.running lg super pro 1 7/8 no cats and borla stingers out back and a tweak from bsm.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Teching In

How much does a tune cost down there? I'm getting a cam installed once I get there and going to need a good tune
Old 09-21-2012, 02:47 AM
TECH Regular

When do you get here? We're supposed to have Andrew zurick come out late next month to tune our cars
Old 09-22-2012, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

will check it out.what day is this happening?
Old 09-29-2012, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Does anyone have a cherry picker willing to let me borrow? Or know somewhere I can rent one for a few days at a reasonable price?
Old 09-29-2012, 04:56 PM
TECH Regular

Try oriellys for renting one.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:23 AM
On The Tree

-Chris
Hey man, where might I find those videos?! Can you pm me a link?
Old 10-01-2012, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by redgto4u
Does anyone have a cherry picker willing to let me borrow? Or know somewhere I can rent one for a few days at a reasonable price?
I have one. PM me.

Quick Reply: Any one stationed in Hawaii?