Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

involuntary seperation from army

Old 04-27-2011, 12:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default involuntary seperation from army

well just found out today im getting kicked out of the army. i just got back from doing my part one physical. ive been in for 7 years all active duty with 3 tours in iraq. i was wondering since i know there some higher ranking guys on this forum i wanted to ask you all what will happen as far as seperation pay, benifits. i cant seem to get an answer from my chain of command as to what i will or wont get.

thanks
Old 04-27-2011, 12:39 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Depends on what the invol sep is for, medical, discipline?
Old 04-27-2011, 01:13 PM
TECH Regular

It's medical never been a bad soldier
Old 04-27-2011, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

unless things are different with us, wouldn't that be a medical separation? ...I'm currently fighting that now
Old 04-27-2011, 03:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well your seperation pay will be your base pay x3 times the number of years you have (7) as for benefits they will depend on your medical status.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:45 AM
TECH Regular

Ok when would I get my Sep pay? Cause I have a family to provide for and I can't be waiting around for the sent to pay me even if I have a job lined up
Old 04-28-2011, 03:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 96RamAirTA
Ok when would I get my Sep pay? Cause I have a family to provide for and I can't be waiting around for the sent to pay me even if I have a job lined up
Well you just march on up to the finance office and tell them that they all ******* work for you then.

With that attitude, its no wonder no one in your chain pointed you in the right direction in the first place. If you just did your part one, you probably still have over a year in the army (hope you didnt think this **** goes quickly). I suggest you use that time to plan ahead, and get over yourself. Hopefully it will put you past your 8 year mark (important for benefits)

Your pay will depend on your rating. You have an army rating, and a VA rating. They are seperate, as they are two seperate agencies. The army will pay you to get out, the VA will pay you forever, depending on your disability and disability rating.

Having taken two soldiers through the MMRB process, I can attest to this short couple pages being pretty accurate. Educate yourself. Everything else will be covered through your board proceedings and ACAP appointments.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theor...separation.htm
Old 04-28-2011, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

OK, currently this is my MOS, you cant just get chaptered after 7 years in for a medical condition. I believe fort hood uses the IDES system, Integrated Disability Evaluation System, or a MEB (medical evaluation board). When you go through this, you will be afforded teh opportunity to ACAP, to fight to stay on active duty, ect. If this is what you're going through right now, let me know, if not, why not?? AR 40-501 and AR 635-40

http://www.army.mil/-news/2011/03/17...ting-soldiers/

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theor...separation.htm
Old 06-09-2011, 08:45 AM
On The Tree

*cough* AR 635-200 *cough*.... Wait, what?

What chapter are you being administratively separated on? Not that I would know anything about Admin. Seps....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: involuntary seperation from army