Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Bmet (afsc 4a2x1)?

Old 08-13-2011, 07:16 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bmet (afsc 4a2x1)?

I am currently a weather forecast and looking to early cross-train in July 2012. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this career field? Daily duties, hours, etc. Thanks!
Old 08-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Launching!

Sorry, job is biomedical equipment technician.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

I worked with few of them, I think its a more Mon-Fri job sometimes you have 12s. typically days. Can sometimes be shift work. Pretty wide range of stuff in the medical setting you will work on / have to know. From dental chairs to xray equipment.

Tech school is about a year and has a higherer wash out rate than most jobs. As long as you have a good background fixing stuff, putting it back together and working with electronics it shoud be easier.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Teching In

I'm a Bmet and the job is great! We do what we want because nobody understands what we do. In a csh or med log you will do pt then go to the med maintenance warehouse. your usually off by 1600 and don't do formations, except for Fridays or special occasions. This all depends on if you have a good ncoic. You will work pretty hard the first half of the month knocking out all the services. Then just coast the last half. In a hospital there is no pt and work is usually from 08-1600. You will be incharge of a floor or unit and keep everything serviced and calibrated each month. Along with training the staff on how to use the equipment correctly.

Promotion can be a little more challenging as there's not that many of us. It's a small tight knit community. This is an mos where you actually get to do your job! With big rewards on the outside.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:42 AM
Launching!

Yea, I was hoping to get to work in a hospital environment. Typically mon-fri job? Sounds like you are Army (1fast99z). Anyone have any experience with this in the AF? Wonder if its much different? Job's dont seem to pay that well on the outside though from what I have researched? Maybe you just have to know the right people? Do they supply tools I assume? Again, thanks for the help!
Old 09-09-2011, 05:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Weather Forecaster here at Dyess. I know the Bio Techs here are straight M-F 9-5 type job. I think it will all depend on the base.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bmet (afsc 4a2x1)?