Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Army Regulation help

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Army Regulation help

need to find out of a platoon sergeant can make it mandatory for his platoon to go to the gym at 0500 every morning when the rest of the company does PT during standard PT hours (0630-0800). can't seem to find an answer saying whether this is allowed or prohibited
Old 11-04-2011, 10:44 AM
roy
TECH Resident

You are going down the wrong path on this.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man I wish my Plt Sgt would make 05 PT mandatory!
Old 11-04-2011, 12:56 PM
11 Second Club

not sure if there is a reg or not but I'm sure your a soldier 24/7 correct.??
Old 11-04-2011, 03:24 PM
TECH Resident

are you doing pt twice... even if you were, it can't be that bad... army PT is a joke.

nothing out of regs is going on, and if the PSG is doing it too, well... there you have it.

the most I can see coming from this is a slap on the wrist by 1SG if it's going on behind his back, but I'm certain it isn't
Old 11-05-2011, 07:28 PM
TECH Junkie

So, just to clarify...are you getting there early and leaving before everyone else, or are you getting there at 0500 and still staying until 0800?

I know i the Navy, we are on libertyfrom the end of working hours on one day, until the beginning of working hours on the next day. Your liberty can be restricted or shortened, but the amount of time that it can be shortened it based off of who is shortening it, and his/her paygrade/position. Generally, your liberty is only shortened for lower pay grades and after you have been in some sort of trouble.

If you get to pt 1 /12 hr before the other guys, but only stay for an 1 1/2 hr like everyone else, i would ask why you are doing it that way. If you are getting there 11/2 hr early and pting for 3 hrs total, when everyone else only does 1 1/2 hr, i would ask why. However, if yoy have a bunch of fat bodies or something, i wouldnt bother asking because that would probably be the reason.

Im not a person who just takes b.s. for no reason. I will go and ask whoever i need to why something is being done if i dont think it is right. But if i know someone or something was f-ed up and we are suffereing the consequences, i will hold my tounge unless it gets too carried away.

Bottomw line, if you areunsure of something, ask. Dont go behind someones back and research regs and stuff and then bombard them with it because that could have negative consequences and make things worse.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:52 AM
On The Tree

Contact your local IG (inspector general). If you're at JBLM, call (253) 982-3323/3445. Here's their website http://www.lewis.army.mil/ig/. Read their site, read their confidentiality statement.

Good Luck
Old 11-06-2011, 01:11 AM
Teching In

It's the Army. You raised your right hand and signed the dotted line. It is a lawful order from a non-commisioned officer. I'm pretty sure there isn't anything you can do about it. He's probably doing the right thing if you guys need it. If you really want to take this further ( I wouldn't) consult IG.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Don't call I.G they will do nothing in this matter. I have been in the army for a while now and have spent alot of time as a platoon sgt now im a drill sgt. Yes it ok for the PS to make pt at any mandatory place or time as long as he has cleared it with the commander or 1st sgt. i.e after my 5th deployment deployment i allowed my platoon to vote on a set pt time bad for me they chose 1430 lol. It doesn't matter what time or place pt is conducted as long as it gets done.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WS_6_SPEED
Don't call I.G they will do nothing in this matter. I have been in the army for a while now and have spent alot of time as a platoon sgt now im a drill sgt. Yes it ok for the PS to make pt at any mandatory place or time as long as he has cleared it with the commander or 1st sgt. i.e after my 5th deployment deployment i allowed my platoon to vote on a set pt time bad for me they chose 1430 lol. It doesn't matter what time or place pt is conducted as long as it gets done.
For being in the Army for a while you sure as hell don't know any abbreviations worth a ****. Something smells like bullshit to me, and it's you.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Launching!

lol. this question isn't for me. i couldn't care less about getting up early. there are others that have trouble making it on time for 0500 and they are getting in trouble for it. thats why i was questioning if there is a reg. they shouldn't get in trouble if he can't actually force them to do 0500 pt.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:27 AM
Teching In

as far as i'm aware, your PSG can do whatever he wants if he has the go ahead from his superiors, as long as the orders are not illegal. there is no regulation on when you're allowed to come in to work... but the platoon sergeant can set the time and location.

it is mandated that you must have the opportunity to sleep 4 hours a day in a garrison environment, but i imagine y'all are not getting off work at 0100.

don't talk to IG unless its something serious and something illegal is going on.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're gonna have to deal with it on that one. Like Yelo04goat said

I'm sure your a soldier 24/7 correct.??
Old 11-30-2011, 09:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ahhhahaha... I did that **** for 8 years. Just enjoy it. At least you get to go to the Gym. My *** ran 90% of the time for Army PT. I was at Hood and we ran about 6 miles, 3 times a week and T/Th we ran for 3 and did "1SG FUNK" for 20 minutes.... Enjoy the Gym bro... I dont know if your post is like Ft Hood but you have to get on post by 5 anyway to make sure you dont get stuck at the gate and can find a parking spot....
Old 12-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Teching In

I doubt this is still relevant, but Pt is at the discretion of the 1SG and CO and as long as it is cleared through them you are stuck brother

Quick Reply: Army Regulation help