Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Anyone at Langley?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 08:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone at Langley?

I just found out I have order to Langley AFB. Is anyone here stationed there? Or is there a decent f-body community there?
Old 12-25-2011, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im stationed in the cg at portsmouth which is right around the corner. i havent been here long but from what ive seen theres a good population of people in the car scene here. havent seen too many f-bodies though
Old 12-31-2011, 06:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Im excited to get over there, I have already found 1 guy I will be working with who has a pretty sweet looking and fast camaro. Are there frequent car meets in the local areas? Also how are housing prices?
Old 01-04-2012, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

i havent found anyone down here to goes to local meets or **** but if u find any id love to meet up and go to them. housing is dependant on how big of a place u need. how many people live with you?
Old 01-04-2012, 06:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by firemech21
Im excited to get over there, I have already found 1 guy I will be working with who has a pretty sweet looking and fast camaro. Are there frequent car meets in the local areas? Also how are housing prices?
There are cars and coffee meets down in virginia beach once a month and there is a good size group of us in the hampton area that get together all the time. we usually do a meet and greet atleast once a month during the winter time and can be found at one of the two tracks about every other week from spring until winter. Oh and thank you for the compliments on my car
Old 01-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by firemech21
I just found out I have order to Langley AFB. Is anyone here stationed there? Or is there a decent f-body community there?
I live in northern va, now. i grew up in hampton not far from langley. there's alot of race cars & hot rods both old & new. lot of meeting places around there for car guys. theres a place on wythe creek rd. right down the road from langley called HORSEPOWER SOLUTUIONS. TYPE IT IN ON THE INTERNET. SPEED SHOP WITH SOME BAD *** CARS & EXTREMELY NICE PEOPLE. good luck in the hampton roads area. thank for serving.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:50 PM
On The Tree

sweet im about to start my build in march it would be nice to go meet some of those guys
Old 01-06-2012, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just finished a complete rebuild of my motor, installed a stage 2+ clutch/trans combo, and have a custom rear suspension in my car. I hope to find some F-body guys to hang out with once I get over there.

EDS01SS- You definately have a great looking ride.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

Im @ Dam Neck (Virginia Beach area). The scene here isnt as large as back home in Texas, but the owners you do meet seem to be pretty laid back. I believe in the Spring, Langley does sometime of track racing. Not sure although, but that was the info from a neighbor in my complex. Seems a lot of people here have some nice toys but the laws in VA make very hard to play.

Quick Reply: Anyone at Langley?