Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

signiture

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 07:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default signiture

how do i get the signature from myarmedforces.com to work on here? everything ive tried says invaled something or another... any help?
Old 12-09-2011, 11:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Go to edit your signature over there and just copy the lines.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:59 AM
Staging Lane

a sgt with three ribbons thats kinda sad
Old 12-24-2011, 02:35 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks... Ribbons don't make who you are as a leader and is it even sadder yet that I have not been down range? Does it matter? I still do my job just like everyone else I know my **** and proved that I can be a non commissioned officer to the battalion csm. Are you going to tell him that he's wrong?
Old 12-24-2011, 04:00 PM
TECH Regular

That's what the army is coming to. The CSM at my WLC had 2...count them 2...combat stripes and 8 service stripes. An E9 trying to lead the way for soldiers to become NCOs. No wonder we have so many E5s, E6s, E7s, and E8s...and few NCOs.

The call for professional writing should compel an NCO to at least check their spelling.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bones_c
Thanks... Ribbons don't make who you are as a leader and is it even sadder yet that I have not been down range? Does it matter? I still do my job just like everyone else I know my **** and proved that I can be a non commissioned officer to the battalion csm. Are you going to tell him that he's wrong?
Yes it does in a way i respect an individual that has least been deployed 1 time sgt is a big deal and only have 3 ribbons means u have been chasing rank /or scared and i couldn't respect that so with lack of respect there lack of leadership
Old 12-29-2011, 12:26 AM
TECH Regular

Lance corporal correct? As an e-3 what do you know about being an e-5? There are numerous differences between the marines and the army. Who are you to judge a person based upon looks? That is called profiling, something that can be illegal. For one atleast I can be honest with myself and tell the truth to everyone else. A lot of people will lie on forums like this when one doesn't know the true other. I could tell you I've been deployed five times and earned a silver star. But I didn't and I have the dignity and respect to those who have. Disrespecting a non commissioned officer is punishable under ucmj. Just remember this because it applies to all branches of the military, not just your branch. So next time you find a non commissioned officer with less ribbons and service stripes than yourself you had better watch what you say because things can roll downhill quickly. This is what the world is coming to as we the United States drawn down from Iraq and Afghanistan. You will continue to see this more and more. And with all that said I will leave you with the words of advice not to judge a book by its cover, you may never know the knowledge that lye beneath.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bones_c
Lance corporal correct? As an e-3 what do you know about being an e-5? There are numerous differences between the marines and the army. Who are you to judge a person based upon looks? That is called profiling, something that can be illegal. For one atleast I can be honest with myself and tell the truth to everyone else. A lot of people will lie on forums like this when one doesn't know the true other. I could tell you I've been deployed five times and earned a silver star. But I didn't and I have the dignity and respect to those who have. Disrespecting a non commissioned officer is punishable under ucmj. Just remember this because it applies to all branches of the military, not just your branch. So next time you find a non commissioned officer with less ribbons and service stripes than yourself you had better watch what you say because things can roll downhill quickly. This is what the world is coming to as we the United States drawn down from Iraq and Afghanistan. You will continue to see this more and more. And with all that said I will leave you with the words of advice not to judge a book by its cover, you may never know the knowledge that lye beneath.
Yeah your motard mentioning the UCMJ trash...nco or not we the military has been getting action since 2001 and you have been chasing rank if i was under you with 2 deployments and countless operations done i wouldnt pay you any attention because u know nothing u might know your mos that doesn't mean u are a leader yes me a lance could make better combative decisions than u are a sgt/nco...so u should ashamed of your self instead of fighting for your country your just collecting a check you are the 10 percent that needs to be cut
Old 12-29-2011, 12:53 PM
TECH Regular

Becoming an nco in the army, especially if you haven't deployed, has little to nothing to do with your ability to do your job sadly. It means for the most part that you memorized army factoids, creeds, and songs. You go to go to a dog & pony show (e5 promotion board) and parade around like a good little chihuahua, making sure to prance around perfectly to show them that you are a good specimen.

Then you get promoted depending on how many e5s the army thinks they need for your job, not on your ability to lead or do your job. You are put in charge of soldiers as if you have a clue of how to be a leader. If leadership is in you from before the army and/or you had actual NCOs to show you the way then you might become an NCO. Otherwise you are just an e5.

I'll respect and take orders from a Lance Corporal with combat experience long before an e5 who has never deployed. The LCPL has done his job under fire and has something to teach me about it. The e5 will get the respect of the rank he/she was handed, and will not get the respect of an NCO because he/she is not one yet.

An e5 would be so full of themselves to try to threaten someone for "disrespecting" them online. An NCO knows they can do their job, can lead their soldiers, and has their respect...and even if they thought they were disrespected online would brush it off 'cause the ones that matter (their soldiers) respect them.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Staging Lane

Yep. Making an excuse to disrespect and be insubordinate. Good job, Hot Rod. You MUST be a shining example of what a Soldier oughta be.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:15 PM
Launching!

What is your MOS? I know some people do have a hard time deploying. In April I will have three years dwell time. Yeah it sucks an NCO doesn't have combat time. At least he is only a junior NCO. Could be worse. I have seen several SFC's all the way to CSM's who have maybe one deployment if any at all. I doubt he is ducking deployments though, he will get his shot to play in the sand box. Keep in mind too that we will eventually be out of that **** hole too. There is more to the Armed Forces just deployments. Need Leaders to lead in the garrison environment too.

Don't give someone crap for something they can't control. I didn't get to be a team leader until three days before we left for our deployment. I had to wait a little over two years before I got to deploy. I got my stripes a lil over a month into my deployment.
Don't worry bro you will get your time and ribbons. Besides if you are chasing medals and ribbons you are in for the wrong reasons.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:08 PM
TECH Regular

thanks Z im a 12N and I just got my stripes not too long ago and like said i got to my unit one month after they returned from deployment.... we are not on the patch chart yet and they only forsee a deployment to a non hostile environment in 2013.... i will have pcs by then... this is the way the army is going to be... we are drawing down significantly from the wars and people will be in my position numerous times and you will see it.

Quick Reply: signiture