Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Charleston SC?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 11:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charleston SC?

I just got orders to Charleston SC, anyone there? Any decent peformance shops out there? Its the south so it better lol. But if you are there, or have been there please chime in and let me know the good areas to live, and all that jazz.

thanks
Old 02-18-2012, 01:56 AM
9 Second Club

Received 221 Likes on 164 Posts

I was stationed there for 10 years. The car scene there isnt bad, several drag strips within an hour drive.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was stationed there a while back... The car scene is pretty good, everyone used to meet up at an old parking lot on the strip and cruise down to the Southern Belle (BEST titty bar in the area, stay away from the others, you'll probably get robbed, stabbed, maybe both.)

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DO ANY BUSINESS WITH SHOWZONE. Those asshats deal in stolen parts and will rip you off the first chance they get. Ask me how I know...
Old 02-24-2012, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm hoping to get orders to Charleston in another yr 1/2.. for my bop. I would appreciate any info as well.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 221 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Pipelayaz
I'm hoping to get orders to Charleston in another yr 1/2.. for my bop. I would appreciate any info as well.
Whats your job? If it will involve C-17's or flight line I wouldnt go to Charleston.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm POL, fuels.. If its busy thats fine. Work doesn't bother me. Hows the area? Places to avoid? Specific area where most military families live? If you can give me a few zip codes of some good areas that'd work too. I appreciate any info you can give me. The wife is pretty stoked if we get that base. I wouldn't mind too much either. Oh yeah, does it snow there?
Old 03-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by minytrker
Whats your job? If it will involve C-17's or flight line I wouldnt go to Charleston.
Why's that? I have orders to Charleston for July. I will be working C-17 Comm/Nav. I'm from Indiana, and have been in Clovis NM for 3 years... definitely going to be something new for me.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Im in Charleston. LOVE IT! Been here since Mar '07. My a$$ is currently stuck in the sand but will be back soon!

Roninsonic is right/ Slowzone Errrrrrrrr i mean "Showzone" is a joke! Its where all rice and DUB-infused vehicles are found. Basically name says it all, Show-mean all Show and NO go.

Minytrker had a really nice setup there as an LSX specialty shop. Some pretty nice cars there too the times I was there. Damnit man why'd you have to leave!?!? lol

Anyways, as far as Zip codes 29404 is the base itself. I would recommend summerville, ladson or Goose Creek area. 2406 is N Charleston (I believe), 29456 is Ladson or Summerville (can't remember) and 29445 is Goose Creek.

Pipelayaz, your POL so that means your LRS, cool me too.

I like Goose Creek, obviously bought a house there in '08 lol. SOME parts on N Charleston I guess arent bad but most who live off base line in ladson, summerville, Goose Creek or hanahan.

Shops, there are like 2 cant think of them off the top of head but there is also like a mobile LSx tuner too. Check our FASTGM.com look in the Low Country locals sections. Some good guys there. Think they usually meet up 1 & 3rd Sat of each month...

Last edited by Rob M; 03-04-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool.. I appreciate the info Rob. My MTI duty here isn't going to expire until Octoberish of 13'. I just got extended an extra 3 months. So I still have some time.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if i crosstrain ill be doing a BOP to charleston in conjunction.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rob M
I like Goose Creek, obviously bought a house there in '08 lol. SOME parts on N Charleston I guess arent bad but most who live off base line in ladson, summerville or Goose Creek of hanahan.
u need a roomate lol
Old 03-03-2012, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

i'm in charleston area, actually summerville.

you'll find whatever you need here. you have Jamison corvette, HHPcarolina, bobs masterbend, griffin transmission, along with quite a few other shops that will take care of ANY LSx need.

check out www.carolinahorsepower.com to introduce yourself and chat with some of the local car guys.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Lee12609
i'm in charleston area, actually summerville.

you'll find whatever you need here. you have Jamison corvette, HHPcarolina, bobs masterbend, griffin transmission, along with quite a few other shops that will take care of ANY LSx need.

check out www.carolinahorsepower.com to introduce yourself and chat with some of the local car guys.
thanks bro. i will definately need a group of decent/reliable car buddies out there.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

Get on Carolinahorsepower.com and fastgm. Com. Theirs a car meet every Saturday and the sofa super store next to kmart on rivers ave. I usually go around 9 930. I'm station on mcas ( marine corps air station) but my girl lives in chuck town so I'm there every weekend.

Quick Reply: Charleston SC?