Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Any car guys in Guam?

Old 05-10-2012, 06:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any car guys in Guam?

Looks like the wife is pulling a short 2 year in Guam and my son and I get to tag along. Problem is we have 2 cars and we have to take hers since she can't drive a standard.

Anyway...what kind of car scene is there in Guam, if any?
Old 05-10-2012, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car guys... UM yep better get a shipping discount on matchboxes. LOL just playin brother.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:10 PM
TECH Regular

i just got back from there and you will be sadly disappointed....

i was there for roughly a month and all i saw was STUPID riced out carollas and cars of that sort. theres your plethora of small pickups as well.

basically a bunch of small vehicles there. I have heard of alot of sweet off roading trucks there though.

but be glad you cant bring your car because the salt there is BAAAAAAAD.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:11 PM
TECH Regular

and the roads there SUCK

but it is SOOOOOOO gorgeous there, go snorkeling. and there is also a cheap dive shop run by some ex military and they will get you dive certified for $180

Last edited by sick_tight; 05-10-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:38 PM
TECH Regular

im here now been here for 2 months... flying out tomorrow morning and cannot wait... all ive really seen is like said riced out corrollas and ****... there are some badass 4 whees though... there is a quarter here all concrete from what ive heard... the cars that were there were nice... maybe 35th ss will jump on this and enighten you he seems to know a bit about here... good luck its humid as ****
Old 05-10-2012, 09:43 PM
11 Second Club

Hahaha...I grew up in South Mississippi near Keesler AFB so humidity shouldn't be an issue. Looks like I'll be saving up while there to buy myself a really nice WS6 or Vette once we go back state side.

Time to do some crunches and learn how to surf for 2 years I guess.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:09 PM
TECH Regular

surf out here doesnt seem to be all that great.... like said above there are alot of dive spots though and cheap certifications.... all in all... i dislike this island lol but im stationed in hawaii and dont like it there either... i dont like being on a rock and i like to drive and on an island you only get to drive in circles!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:59 AM
TECH Addict

grew up in Guam graduated high school and joined the military there now retired in Oahu.I go home every 4 yrs. in fact goin home around the 26 of Aug. taking a hop from Hickam.go check out thier track just before Andersen.alot of things to do if you ask me.go to a village fiesta go visit cocos island.visit one of the nearby islands like Rota Tinian or Saipan.go diving in Truk world war 2 wrecks.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 221 Likes on 164 Posts

I wouldn't take a nice car to Guam that's for sure.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Guam has its up and downs, the downs are the roads are terrible for a nice sports car, the weather can be 50/50, and the salt air is insane, but I do look at the positive side of things, so there is a race track here in Guam and yes there are ricers and small trucks that show up, but I have seen some nice *** muscle car here at the track too (Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers, and Corvettes)! There is a mustang club here on the island, which half of them do show up at the track. I did leave my 2011 Camaro back in Colorado, but I just bought myself a 1981 Corvette here on island, I just got to watch out for those pot holes in the roads, lol.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:07 AM
TECH Addict

Calvin we have us a track now.1/8mi. for now.part of the old HRP track before.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eventually I'll be out there for a few years. I love Guam, spent awhile there early in my career and looking forward to heading back there
Old 07-10-2014, 10:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I was stationed on Guam. There is a car culture. The older locals (some of whom served in the military) have cool cars and would park near the beach off of route 1 closer to COMNAVMARIANAS Navy side of the island. The old guys are domestic muscle car enthusiasts. The dragstrip was completed right before I left and opened after that. My friend went to Guam after me and ran his TT Supra there. He said it was actually pretty decent. Most military people don't ship a cool car there. I'd advise against it too. Guam is fairly rough on vehicles.

If you could ship a 4Runner, Wrangler, or such it wouldn't be bad. I bought a beater Montero from a fellow Navy guy and it was a good island beater. The off roading is a blast and locals build cool stuff and run tractor or ditch witch tires. The majority of the locals are very nice. I did volunteer work and got invited to many parties and made great friends. Like many places, you'll enjoy it if you stay busy, hit the beaches, have friends that are active, and take cheap flights to Saipan, Australia, or Hawaii.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any car guys in Guam?