Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Air force TSgt here

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yup last year, then back in 08 BC3 that is....
Old 07-25-2012, 12:03 AM
Teching In

Retired (not by choice) 1C4 (TACP) here. I know what you mean about all the younger dudes. We just smoke the **** out of them. We don't have to worry about the I didn't join to deploy group though. Most of the young guys are beggin to get out the door. It's the older guys with 7 plus deployments under their belts that are tired of going down range.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by burnstacp
Retired (not by choice) 1C4 (TACP) here. I know what you mean about all the younger dudes. We just smoke the **** out of them. We don't have to worry about the I didn't join to deploy group though. Most of the young guys are beggin to get out the door. It's the older guys with 7 plus deployments under their belts that are tired of going down range.
Hats off to you! Your group as well as all the Battlefield Airmen are a special bunch thats somewhat seperated from most of the AF(including flyers). You cant be forced to do it, hell even if if you want, the odds are against it. Your atrition rate is still very high. High ops tempo really takes a toll on you and your families. I can certainly see the burnout possibilities amongst your group.
Anyway, times have changed. The way people are raised has changed. Now we have to adapt and provide a little more leadership and a whole lot of guidance to the next set of defenders. They'll be okay. The AF was fine before us and will be fine long after all of us retire. Good Luck and Thanks for what you've done!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Staging Lane

Ive only been in for a year and for the most part i agree with what you guys are saying. However i joined to deploy and to serve. I wanted to go marines but my wife and parents put a stop to that. I may be a little different because im 25 and i think alot of the problem could be lack of maturity but i came in within a couple months of some airmen who i look at and listen to and it makes me wonder how or even why they got in. If im told what to do i dont question it i dont hesitate i get up and go do it while others either have to be told twice or start back talking. So i agree in a way but i would say its about half and half.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by eroc022
6 Years in 2T1X1.... hate the job, but its paying bills... enjoy the AF, just not the way it runs here at Andrews... or JBAB.....
Spent my first 4 years as a vehicle ops guy, grew up a lot in that job. I'm a 3D090 and have done just about every job you can think of in the AF . Currently a graduate student at AFIT (grad next month).

As far as SNCOs with f-bodies I remember when the dorms and housing were full of them. I think most have just left the hobby as they've gotten busy with family. I'm still a member of the busted knuckle garage
Old 07-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Launching!

ive been down range 8 times now....once im done with instructor duty im pretty sure i will be heading back...

Originally Posted by burnstacp
Old 07-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Launching!

i agree with you...maturity does have alot to do with it....it seems like alot more "rich" kids are joining...mommy and daddy spoiled them growing up and they thought it would be "cool" to join the military....they soon find out that the first few years of the military isnt all that fun and you get treated like crap.....

Originally Posted by pontiac_boy
Ive only been in for a year and for the most part i agree with what you guys are saying. However i joined to deploy and to serve. I wanted to go marines but my wife and parents put a stop to that. I may be a little different because im 25 and i think alot of the problem could be lack of maturity but i came in within a couple months of some airmen who i look at and listen to and it makes me wonder how or even why they got in. If im told what to do i dont question it i dont hesitate i get up and go do it while others either have to be told twice or start back talking. So i agree in a way but i would say its about half and half.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JCSWS6
Spent my first 4 years as a vehicle ops guy, grew up a lot in that job. I'm a 3D090 and have done just about every job you can think of in the AF . Currently a graduate student at AFIT (grad next month).
first off congrats, on both getting out of the 2T1 career field, and graduating, second Ill say now our job is back to the pre-9/11 days for the most part, the convoys were awesome, sucked, but were awesome...
Old 07-26-2012, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by canada4g63
Too soon on the TI stuff, they make us all look bad rite now.
AAaaaaaaaaand you can shut the **** up. Especially considering you have no idea what your talking about and what goes on down here. And TI's don't make you look bad. AB Walker does.

Last edited by Pipelayaz; 07-26-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Arent a couple members TIs?
There's a few of us on here.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Silver Sleeper
any other AF members on here?

im a T2W171 F15E strike Eagle weapons system FTD instructor here at seymour johnson AFB

been in 17 years..i missed Master by a few points this year....i hate studying

T2A6X6 for C17A once upon a time at Charleston, AFB. I hated studying for those damn tests too!

Nice project car! There is a guy here in Charleston who just finished his 5.3 LSx Turbo swap into his 86' Foxbody. I've considered trying to find an 87-93 coupe and doing one also.

jeff
Old 07-26-2012, 05:38 PM
TECH Regular

another tech here....10 years as a 1N3. anyone in korea right now?
Old 07-26-2012, 08:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

You work on the 17s? How do you like Travis?

Yeah wasnt thinking of that when i posted.
Yupp C-17s Travis is pretty nice the car scene is pretty good out here lots of tracks to go to and events. Although California has some pretty stupid laws but there are ways around them, I do still prefer the east coast but I enjoy it here. As for my squadron it sucks but that seems to be the trend with most MX squadrons it seems everyone hates where they are stationed for the most part.

Like I said I'm retraining. LOL

Well that's good, I know what you mean about back talking and all of that crap. I just turend 22 and sewed on SSgt so I'm actually one of the youngest guys in our squadron so some lower ranking older airman don't like to listen. Lol
Old 07-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Launching!

best advice i can give young SSgt is this: establish your authority early...not by being a dick but by being firm but fair...and then be a dick if you have to..LOL

the airman have a hard time adjusting to new SSgt's because just yesterday, that SSgt was one of them..

as an Instructor, i have no problem correcting anyone if i am in the right...as long as you are professional and respectful things usually will result well.....there are those times when you have to put on the black hat and be an A-hole....its part of the job....always remember, we are training our replacements.

Originally Posted by 90TSiAWD
Yupp C-17s Travis is pretty nice the car scene is pretty good out here lots of tracks to go to and events. Although California has some pretty stupid laws but there are ways around them, I do still prefer the east coast but I enjoy it here. As for my squadron it sucks but that seems to be the trend with most MX squadrons it seems everyone hates where they are stationed for the most part.

Like I said I'm retraining. LOL

Well that's good, I know what you mean about back talking and all of that crap. I just turend 22 and sewed on SSgt so I'm actually one of the youngest guys in our squadron so some lower ranking older airman don't like to listen. Lol
Old 07-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

Ive got alot of respect for TIs and id be willing to say next the the BA its got to be one of the hardest and most demanding jobs in the AF. I dont think i could do it and from so of the things ive here many of the same things go on in other jobs.

Im actually older then my supervisor by a couple months and its pretty wierd but it is what it is.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:55 AM
On The Tree

Ive got alot of respect for TIs and id be willing to say next the the BA its got to be one of the hardest and most demanding jobs in the AF. I dont think i could do it and from so of the things ive here many of the same things go on in other jobs....,
Its definitely demanding, but realistically, its no harder than many jobs in the Air Force. You put in long hours at the begining, but if you got time management skills and a good teamee, you should still have a life outside of work. Unfortunately, its easy to make your hours long if you want. Those who claim to work 70 or 80 a week all the time are doing something wrong.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pipelayaz
AAaaaaaaaaand you can shut the **** up. Especially considering you have no idea what your talking about and what goes on down here. And TI's don't make you look bad. AB Walker does.
AWWWWWWW did i hurt you feelings? You mad bro?
So your telling me a guy that did all that **** and no one knew about it? ******* pathetic if you ask me, one of the reasons why the younger gen of AF are a bunch of *****, and yes TI's do make people look bad i don't know how many airman I've locked up and or kicked out because they some how made there way in the AF because TI's were soft on them and there lack of respect.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both of you are out line. Mind your Ps and Qs. This is a public forum, anybody and everyone can read your comments.

You are still military with a sense of respect to yourself and to everyone on and off duty regardless of the mistakes of someone else.

One rotten apple doesn't necessarily spoils the whole bunch. That is like saying the rest of the AF or military is bad because of this incident.

Yes, it is horrible to say the least that this happened, it is very unfortunate to have the trainees experienced this. I wonder if one or all of them went to SARC sooner would the extent of his hideous acts stop a lot earlier and would have less victims.

I know female MTI slots are very slim which is part of the reason why this happened, male TI with female flights (smh).

Last edited by bene; 07-29-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bene
One rotten apple doesn't necessarily spoils the whole bunch. That is like saying the rest of the AF or military is bad because of this incident.
Thank you!
Old 07-28-2012, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by canada4g63
AWWWWWWW did i hurt you feelings? You mad bro?
So your telling me a guy that did all that **** and no one knew about it? ******* pathetic if you ask me, one of the reasons why the younger gen of AF are a bunch of *****, and yes TI's do make people look bad i don't know how many airman I've locked up and or kicked out because they some how made there way in the AF because TI's were soft on them and there lack of respect.
Kudos to you for doing your job "bro"!!

Quick Reply: Air force TSgt here