Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Prior service guys

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 04:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Prior service guys

Anyone go back in after being rejected by MEPS for disabilities?

If you could post up your branch and disability.

Thanks
Old 09-19-2012, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No but I have a buddy that went through 2 of 3 phases of Boot Camp before being dropped for shin splints. That was five years ago, he's in excellent, if not better shape than he was then and NO branch will take him...
Old 10-01-2012, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, cant go back and wouldent want to the ARMY is being ran by to much brass, Not for an old NCO like me lol.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VinR1
No but I have a buddy that went through 2 of 3 phases of Boot Camp before being dropped for shin splints. That was five years ago, he's in excellent, if not better shape than he was then and NO branch will take him...
He may know more about it than I do but he can fill out a DD-149 form to try and have his RE-Code possibly upgraded if that's what's causing them from taking him. Other than that, I don't know much more other than sit down with a recruiter and show the recruiter he's 110% committed to going back in and they can some times help with having stuff like that changed but it's not 100%.

I'm going through a Army Recruiter to help me change my Navy RE-Code since I can't get them to see that somewhere in my paper work there was a mess up with me sending them a couple DD-149 forms and sending in several proofs of evidence that I was fit for active duty at the time I was in Basic.

Quick Reply: Prior service guys