Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

army guys. questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He was a great guy and a hell of a leader. It was just unfortunate how he got screwed. He didn't get chaptered. They left a bar on him to push him past his 90 day window for re-up. He had 3 deployments, 6+ yrs, jumpmaster, and he surpassed all the line guys in most events. It was a shitty command. Almost the whole company respected the guy. But in the end, he got screwed. He is out now making a ton and his commander broke his back the day of his ETS.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Again, he did something fucked up to get barred. Bars still have to make it thru legal. Apparently NOT a stellar soldier.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:22 AM
roy
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk#317
He was a great guy and a hell of a leader. It was just unfortunate how he got screwed. He didn't get chaptered. They left a bar on him to push him past his 90 day window for re-up. He had 3 deployments, 6+ yrs, jumpmaster, and he surpassed all the line guys in most events. It was a shitty command. Almost the whole company respected the guy. But in the end, he got screwed. He is out now making a ton and his commander broke his back the day of his ETS.
All enlisted separations are chapters.
If he was barred form re enlistment , the two most probable chapters are 13 and 14.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:14 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by billetproof97'
Im in the army, and i had a question for the team leaders and squad leaders. I get a call today (saturday) on my day off. blah blah im a MP. so i guess this MOS is stricter than any other Ive been in a little over a year and im a PFC(e-3) and i get a call today from my squad leader. no normally i wouldnt think my squad leader(sgt e-5) would call because thats jumping chain of command and team leaders are suppose to get a hold of you but he just calls for accountability(in my entire military career so far no one has done this so why start now?). so thats all done with and i go back to bed and i leave my phone in the living room. so i get another call from my team leader (spc e-4) and he called 3 times i was asleep and just waking up with my wife. anywho i get up and call him back and hes in a pissy mood saying i need to answer my phone to do accountability check and this is my last fing warning and he just hangs up on me... is this spc out of line? because i think he was. why would my squad leader do accountability check and then my team leader do it after him??? wtf??? any help would be great....
Honestly man, grow some thicker skin. Was he in the wrong? Yes. is it worth getting bent out of shape about it? No. Just let it go.

If one of my troops bitched to me about something like this (I was a Squad leader as a SGT 95B) the whole squad would be doing some PT, the SPC would get fired and you'd be put in his position for a while to see how it sucks to be in charge with no authority and not getting paid for doing extra work.

And I don't know where some of you guys get off saying you can tell an E4 team leader to **** off? If an NCO delegates authority to him he can tell you what to do unless the army has changed a lot
Old 12-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Launching!

He was under investigation. They found nothing on him but it pushed him into his 90 day window. The commander wouldnt sign off on his extension because he had his doubts. But still had no reason to hold him back. He was just being a tool. Legally he did nothing fucked up. He just didnt wipe his commands *** for them. The fact of him being an E5 jumpmaster and calling them out on them being legs in charge of an airborne unit probably didnt help. But he spoke his mind and didnt care about peoples feelings getting hurt. He was respectful about it.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk#317
He was under investigation. They found nothing on him but it pushed him into his 90 day window. The commander wouldnt sign off on his extension because he had his doubts. But still had no reason to hold him back. He was just being a tool. Legally he did nothing fucked up. He just didnt wipe his commands *** for them. The fact of him being an E5 jumpmaster and calling them out on them being legs in charge of an airborne unit probably didnt help. But he spoke his mind and didnt care about peoples feelings getting hurt. He was respectful about it.
This is where the BS flag gets thrown....You are not going to be in command of an Airborne unit here at Bragg and be a leg. Hell, per the ASOP, gepending on what level of command they are, they have between 90 and 180 days to become a Jumpmaster, as it is required.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey brother,

First. Don't get bent out of shape over stupid B.S. IMHO, pick your battles and this one here seems more of an annoyance than a battle. Next, he wasn't jumping chain of command. That would be you going around him to someone "higher". The army is full of annoyances. Fact is he is a SPC and you are a PFC. Just say "roger", keep your nose clean and keep working hard. Strive to get a waiver for early promotion to SPC.

Second. Bamberg is my 5th duty station and is a total joke when it comes to Soldier Discipline. Don't fall into this trap because when you do PCS to Lewis, Hood, Bragg or Campbell you'll get eaten alive. Germany, Hawaii and Korea are poor examples of how the "Real Army" works for first tour Soldiers. Also enjoy the **** out of it because in reality you don't yet have a clue how lucky you are to be there.

Last, if you see any REAL injustices or violations going on, do something about it or report it. If you aren't getting any help. Let me know. I am not writing this to bust your *****. I am writing this based off of 14 years of experience to help you.

Last edited by Scoobie; 12-29-2012 at 04:26 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:22 AM
Staging Lane

Hooah sir. Just trying to get facts and answers on how things work. Still being new sucks because im lost in the sauce.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Hardcoresoldier
This is where the BS flag gets thrown....You are not going to be in command of an Airborne unit here at Bragg and be a leg. Hell, per the ASOP, gepending on what level of command they are, they have between 90 and 180 days to become a Jumpmaster, as it is required.
Trust me I know. I am a jumpmaster as well and I also give him **** about it. He just got his first 5 done last month. He has been in command for over a year. Granted they were deployed for 6 of those months. But he is in command of that unit. No one respects this guy. Not even the squadron commander. This commander is really just a tool. I would love to give you his unit and name so that you could see for yourself. But since he broke his back, he's not coming back. It's whatever though.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:54 AM
Staging Lane

Your TL should be conducting your monthly performance counselings, this is the time to bring up these sort of things,(counseling sessions are discussions not sermons). If you are not being counseled monthly then that is another issue that should be brought up to your TL. Someone mentioned earlier that he probably had his *** handed to him by the SL and you got the blowback. **** rolls downhill private, this is just the nature of things. Dont let your first duty station spoil your opinion on the Army, most of us have had at least one bad unit of assignment or at least a bad COC, toxic leadership, poor leadership, ect... Even civilians deal with the BS, if you're not happy with your MOS then reclass to a job that interests you and hopefully has an applicable skill/trait that pays well when you return to civilian life. There's always 11B if you want to have some real fun.

Quick Reply: army guys. questions