Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Military Discounts!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 10:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Military Discounts!

I just wanted to get a consensus on how many of our LS1tech sponsors offer military discounts?

Naturally, I don't "expect" anybody to offer them (meaning: you're not an *** if you don't)

I mean don't get me wrong... I'm not looking for any handouts... but it sure does help sometimes in deciding where to buy your products. A couple bucks here and there makes a world of difference sometimes, and the gesture alone often appreciated!

Anyway, I was just watching TV and the idea hit me, so I thought I'd post it here before retiring for the night.

***** EDIT *****

Last edited by J-Rod; 03-08-2010 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Removed Vendor per request
Old 08-30-2005, 03:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Marines like discounts too!
The following users liked this post:
betoo0311 (05-20-2023)
Old 08-30-2005, 06:45 AM
R.I.P. November 11, 2007

We will give a discount to any military personal, We get quite a few emails and calls from Irag. One guy in La. was very happy to speak with our Assisant office manger Melanie. We had offered to send them a speical package of personal stuff and other things like that, but their team was told not to be getting those thing since they we coming home with in a month. Be safe over there Guys and Gals will be nice to see everyone get home ASAP Rex

Last edited by rex orr; 08-30-2005 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We also offer military discounts.Im suprised at how may calls we get from over there.Courtnay and I also have family over there and many of our regulars at the shop were always comming and going.We are real close to Forthood.Courtnay was raised in a airforce town.Mountain Home Idaho.

We really appreciate you guys and stand behind yall a 100 percent...
Dave
Old 08-31-2005, 01:58 AM
Launching!

I think military discounts are a must and even i like seeing it. (im not in the armed forces either... just think if they go out of thier way for us, we should do a lil for them as well!)

Hopefully more sponsers chime in!
Old 08-31-2005, 03:04 AM
TECH Junkie

I'll be back from Afghanistan in about 8 weeks and need some Brembo brakes and QTP 1 7/8 headers if someone can hook me up
Old 08-31-2005, 03:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Watching for vendor responce.......
Old 09-01-2005, 02:44 AM
TECH Regular

I can speak from personal experience that military folks tend put away quite a few extra bucks on some of these deployments...Also,it helps alot of us out to dream about what we're gonna do with our cars when we get back.
So if there were a vendor that would offer 'hookups' there are alot of us with extra cash burning a hole in our bank accounts.
I'm leaving in a few hours for the sandbox...well,at least the water near it..
Old 09-01-2005, 11:40 PM
Launching!

I'll be back from Afghanistan in about 8 weeks and need some Brembo brakes and QTP 1 7/8 headers if someone can hook me up
If I was a vendor, I'd hook ya up, just as long as you brought me back a Taliban head that I can stuff for my wall....

Military unite!

Dave
Old 09-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
We also offer military discounts.Im suprised at how may calls we get from over there.Courtnay and I also have family over there and many of our regulars at the shop were always comming and going.We are real close to Forthood.Courtnay was raised in a airforce town.Mountain Home Idaho.

Dave
It was always refreshing to talk to you Dave, and the crew from Nitrous Daves, when I could call from ***-crack-istan! Made the time away and doing the deed easier. Hopefully more sponsors will step up as well....And after 3yrs, I cant believe I never posted asking the same thing! Good idea!

Charlie
Old 09-02-2005, 07:30 AM
Banned

Thunder Racing has offered an active duty military discount as long as I can remember. We usually require that the order be shipped to a Military address, OR have a verifiable miliatry email address, OR if you fax in your military ID with the SS# blacked out. Our military discount is 10% on MOST items that we sell. It does exclude things like package deals, things that are already on sale, and many of the large items that we don't have enough room to discount. If you order on-line and your address and/or email address meets this criteria, just put a note in the comments section to PLEASE APPLY MILITARY DISCOUNTS WHERE APPLICABLE and we will take care of the rest.

Thanks,
Angie
Old 09-03-2005, 11:22 AM
11 Second Club

I know i appreciate anyone willing to give a military discount. ive been in iraq for 7 months and plan on doing 2 things when i get home...1. and 2. spend $$$ on my car. that is unless anybody wants to give me a d1sc kit. j/k.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:31 PM
9 Second Club

I know that my toy (Sig) was my present for making it back from Iraq!!!! I will any day go with a vendor that offers Military discounts over one that dosent... at times regardless of the price...

"The road to freedom is paved in the blood of heros"

"Freedom aint free"

"Land of the free... because of the brave"
Old 09-03-2005, 11:17 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by longrange4u
I know that my toy (Sig) was my present for making it back from Iraq!!!! I will any day go with a vendor that offers Military discounts over one that dosent... at times regardless of the price...

"The road to freedom is paved in the blood of heros"

"Freedom aint free"

"Land of the free... because of the brave"

Very patriotic longrange4u.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:33 AM
TECH Regular

As a disabled vet, I am glad to do what I can for the GI's!!!
Old 09-04-2005, 01:34 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet

Dave

Interesting... good timing too. You will be hearing from me fairly soon too
Old 09-06-2005, 04:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by white02ws6
I know i appreciate anyone willing to give a military discount. ive been in iraq for 7 months and plan on doing 2 things when i get home...1. and 2. spend $$$ on my car. that is unless anybody wants to give me a d1sc kit. j/k.

Been here 10 months and coming back home by thanksgiving BUT i've been buying stuff since i've been here. Could use some S2 heads though!

Dam i can't wait to have a real beer
Old 09-06-2005, 08:13 AM
12 Second Club

Little off subject but-- How rude Grave! IYAAYAS? I am a RC-135 Crew Cheif by trade we carry no guns or bombs but I consider us the ****. If we dont fly everyone else is scared to fly and who makes them fly??? Just talking smack anyways good post. We need more vendors! More venders that will ship to APO/FPO boxes my car is broke and I need parts.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Don't forget my personal favorite: Women and children sleep soundly at night because rough men are willing to do violence on their behalf.

Many sponsors offer the discount. Just call them up and ask.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:48 AM
11 Second Club

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

Quick Reply: Military Discounts!