Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Marine Security Guards

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marine Security Guards

Are there any other Marine Security Guards (MSG) out there on this forum? I am a Sgt serving as a Watch stander in Athens, Greece and I thought I would send a shout out too all my fellow MSGs. Also how are you guys liking it out there?

-Martin
USMC calls me Sgt Serrata though haha
Old 05-07-2006, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

there's a few of us that are former MSGers. one here. denmark
Old 05-07-2006, 12:22 PM
Staging Lane

Things are alright to say the least, quiet city and the scenery is REAL nice if you catch my drift. Two of us from Ljubljana, Slovenia. Myself and msgZ28. I'm LCpl Hardinger and he's Sgt Bohnstengel. How's Athens?

- Giovanni
Old 05-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

Yep, first post happens to be outstanding. Lj is quiet for a 275,000 or so town, nothing like J-ville which is the same size. I have finally started traveling around the country, the size of New Jersey, with my girl. Lake Bled is absolutely breathtaking and Portorose and Piran are some really nice old school sea-side towns.

blackws69, how was Denmark?
Old 05-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Staging Lane

Athens is great if you can find the time off to enjoy it. I have gotten to do some traveling though I went to Cairo to see the Great Pyramids which was a dream of mine since I was a little kid. Would you guys in Ljubljana recomend that as a 96 destination? If so what time frame is the travel good there?

Last edited by LILBLKBIRD; 05-09-2006 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Staging Lane

Eh, maybe. It kind of depends on what you like to do. The club's are "ok" by definition but I've been to better. They only play bad house music, only one club play's R&B and hiphop but that's only on wed night's, the people are very friendly and like I said, the scenery is VERY nice. A night out; it's overall a good time. I'ld have to say a good time to come up would be during the summer months. Winter is nice too, but it's kind of hard to get out to just enjoy the town that way. I'ld wait maybe a month, or into july would be good timing. It's supposedly a great time to get out and see the tourists and the shops that open up at the river's three bridges.
If you wait untill the winter you can get out and snow board with us too, I'ld assume that's a pretty good time; though every time they did something like that I was put on duty. fckrs.

Quick Reply: Marine Security Guards