Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

so they finally gave me my duty station in germany

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 10:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default so they finally gave me my duty station in germany

well after almost a month i figured out where in germany i am going. u know im used to combat arms units and after yesterday and today i remembered why.... 6 years of being a 21B and now i have to adjust to having females in my unit.... and u know what they have a worse mouth than i do :ekk:
well it looks like my platoon will be assigned to Giessen and then at some point my squad will be moving to friedburg. we get mobilized and go on active duty feb 9th and leave for FLW,MO on feb 12 for MOS Q school. than march 27 we leave for germany. really looking forward to this deployment and hope to meet up with some of the german LS1Tech'ers soon. oh and they said i should have my E-6 sometime this spring when the new Sidpers list comes out, lets see if they screw me again or finally give it to me
Old 01-22-2006, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Your gonna love Giessen, i was there from 95-97 when it was cheap Just hop on the train south to frankfurt, takes about an hour and the rest is up to you
Old 01-24-2006, 12:13 PM
roy
TECH Resident

Ken, Giessen is different now. Just a hole in wall that will disappear when 1BCT comes back from Iraq. Same with Friedburg.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by roy
Ken, Giessen is different now. Just a hole in wall that will disappear when 1BCT comes back from Iraq. Same with Friedburg.
What about KG?? that little rat trap on the hill?

what a bummer! eventhough i know back in the days before even i was there that place use to be an old chemical storage place for NATO, plus Afees European stroage depot was in that area too.

I use to be an MP so we use to go in there and get free mags of all types Dumpster diving for hours to find good reading material for that 12 hour shift.

I have good memories of that place and the things i did there.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by roy
haha thanks for the heads up they were showing us a slideshow of the post and our living quarters. looked pretty nice. single rooms, internet ready,cable tv, so on and on... oh well like ive said before the army is paying me to see europe (and good money at that) and get the job training that will get me a job as a police officer once i get home. and pay off debts and make my 11 second car a 9 second car. no but back on topic what are giessen and friedburg like? im glad im not going to dombolt or bumbolt. cant remember what the name is.... after a 16 hr day i really cant remember what they said. i love working a 70hr week and then having drill...
Old 01-24-2006, 11:09 PM
roy
TECH Resident

Giessenand Friedburg
Probably already have this.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:25 PM
11 Second Club

no i dont but thanks for sharing... my leadership is kind of well... we all know how that goes. how far are u from geissen roy? and how far away is the nearest dragstrip?
Old 01-26-2006, 07:25 PM
roy
TECH Resident

Well i lved in Friedburg for 3 years. Now I am in Kaiserslautern which South on A6 . Right next to Ramstein AFB.
Well the nearest drag strip that won't break the bank is in Bitburg Germany. It is on an airfield there. Hockenheim has a fantastic strip. But it can get rather expensive .
1on1-motorsports,de
Old 01-26-2006, 07:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by roy
Well i lved in Friedburg for 3 years. Now I am in Kaiserslautern which South on A6 . Right next to Ramstein AFB.
Well the nearest drag strip that won't break the bank is in Bitburg Germany. It is on an airfield there. Hockenheim has a fantastic strip. But it can get rather expensive .
1on1-motorsports,de
cool thanks man. ill have to try it make it there a couple of times just to see some racing.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:42 AM
Staging Lane

I'm in Dexheim Germany.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:54 AM
roy
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Silver SS in Germany
I'm in Dexheim Germany.
Dullsville , I feel for ya.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:59 AM
Staging Lane

It is not that bad. Alot of wine to drink around here.

Quick Reply: so they finally gave me my duty station in germany