Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

jumpin ship boys........

Old 01-23-2006, 07:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default jumpin ship boys........

Alright guys, try not to **** on me to hard(All of u jar heads), but im motor transport stationed at quantico and my e.a.s. is approching this summer, and well i managed to wait to long to re-up and now it looks like ill have to go back to mos school and well im having a baby right before i get out and im not lookin for that kind of complication. So im lookin at joining the army and going straight into my current job with a sign on bonus of 18k. So anyway i was just wondering if thier were any other Marines that had made this jump and preferably from the motor transport field. Love the Corps. So be gentle!!
Old 01-24-2006, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have thought of going over to the army for a little while. ive heard they will take care of all my student loans. im going to see if i can combine mine and my wifes and get them all takin care of. it would be like a 60k bonus

brook
Old 01-24-2006, 03:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry to hear the news. What else are you getting... or not getting? How 'bout rank? Are they letting you keep it? I can't even imagine having to attend one of their 'boot camps" even if it is only for indoctrination. That's gonna suck.

Let this be a warning to all of you other junior Marines. The Corps doesn't have any sympathy for you if you sit on your hands and wait too long to re-up. If your coming up on you EAS any time soon and are leaning toward staying in... get you butt down the the career planner ASAP.

Good luck,
Marc
GySgt
USMC (ret.)
Old 01-25-2006, 11:07 AM
12 Second Club

hey nightmayre1, its me, talked to u through pm about hookin up, anyway, u are definatly right, dont wait, get your *** to the career planners office, i dont want to do it but i need to do something cause im having a kid and its time i put aside my pride. BUt anyway, yes, i do get too keep my rank, they said that its changed now cause they need Marine motor t guys so all i do is bassiclly, re-enlist with the army and get new uniforms and ship so my first station!
Old 01-25-2006, 11:09 AM
12 Second Club

Also, my post will definatly stay gyrene2003 and not soldier2003. lol
Old 01-28-2006, 10:53 AM
11 Second Club

once you go through marine boot camp you never have to go through any other branch's boot camp.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:27 PM
Launching!

Its a different world out there Marine, the water shouldn't be too bad though as the Army needs all they can get.

Originally Posted by OOOJOHN
once you go through marine boot camp you never have to go through any other branch's boot camp.

An Army cousin of mine wanted a uniform like mine but was told that he had to earn a "higher education" before receiving his title. That didn't surprise me but what did was the fact that he would lose rank if he did!

Semper Fi,
Old 02-04-2006, 07:07 PM
TECH Junkie

yeah tru tho Marine BCT is good for all branches for 4 years I believe before you have to go through the refresher course for the army
Old 02-04-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by OOOJOHN
Yes, but you do have to go through an indoctrination course of some type to learn basic Army regulations and protocol.

Marc
Old 02-09-2006, 12:56 AM
12 Second Club

My buddy is a ex Marine thats in the Air Force (Yeah he hates it too soft) anyway he said that only the AF will take a stripe from you if you are prior service. He went from Staff Sergeant to a Staff Sergeant but w/ in a year he made Tech so hes a E-6 again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: jumpin ship boys........