Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Anyone at Kirtland AFB, NM?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 10:31 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone at Kirtland AFB, NM?

Just wondering if anyone is stationed here at Kirtland. I work in the Med Group and have been here for about 4 years now.

-Sean
Old 02-18-2006, 10:46 AM
Launching!

PCSing there 3 April.

Any suggestions on where to buy a house? I'm looking in the SW area and have heard mixed feelings on that area...
Old 02-18-2006, 09:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im from around there, but stationed at Elmendorf AFB AK. Lowprofile if you want to buy a house, buy in Los Lunas (my home town). Houses there are way cheaper compaired to Alb, if you buy a house there it will go up in price by the time you leave, and its only 15 mins south of Alb and its all highway access to work.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

I thought you worked in retail
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=456455
Post #3
Old 02-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Launching!

...well, based on what I've read, this thread might get ugly... maybe someone has a part-time job?

Anyway, Z06vette, my wife left today to go look at houses, and the realtor will show her all areas including Los Lunes. Thanks.

Anyone else at Kirtland?
Old 02-20-2006, 04:30 PM
12 Second Club

Hes in the reserves isnt he? Im no expert here but most of the teachers and cops around here are in the reserves and also have ther job back here.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:08 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
I thought you worked in retail
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=456455
Post #3

I have 2 jobs, so yeah I work in retail......AND I'm in the Air Force. Anything else?
Old 03-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TRMIN8R
Just wondering if anyone is stationed here at Kirtland. I work in the Med Group and have been here for about 4 years now.

-Sean

I'm at Cannon AFB.... unfortunately.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:01 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Grave

Ouch, I pass through there on the way back home. Not much to do.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

There are some nice house in the NE and NW sides of town. I think the SW is a little shady. Check out the houses north of Paseo Del Norte. Also, there are some pretty nice homes just east of the base. Los Lunas is a pretty decent area too. If you want a little more for your money, check out the areas just east of the Sandia Mtns.

I was stationed there for 4-years and hope to get back there someday. Great weather and even better food (the high altitude sucks for racing though)!
Old 03-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Launching!

There are some nice house in the NE and NW sides of town. I think the SW is a little shady. Check out the houses north of Paseo Del Norte. Also, there are some pretty nice homes just east of the base. Los Lunas is a pretty decent area too. If you want a little more for your money, check out the areas just east of the Sandia Mtns.

I was stationed there for 4-years and hope to get back there someday. Great weather and even better food (the high altitude sucks for racing though)!
...too late. Just bought a house in the SW area, west of Coors. All new houses, gated communities, good price, low APR/VA loan. If I make no money and even out, I'll be content.

-at least it's not Cannon!

-G
Old 03-01-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

That should be a pretty good area. The housing market has been booming over tha past few years. You should make out pretty well! Congrats! Where will you be working at Kirtland? I worked over in AFRL/DE and SMC Det 12. A fellow F-body owner to look up on base is Brent Riffel (in the global). He can get you plugged in with the locals.

Eat some green chile for me!
Old 03-02-2006, 09:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lowprofile
at least it's not Cannon!

Hardy har...
Old 03-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Launching!

That should be a pretty good area. The housing market has been booming over tha past few years. You should make out pretty well! Congrats! Where will you be working at Kirtland? I worked over in AFRL/DE and SMC Det 12. A fellow F-body owner to look up on base is Brent Riffel (in the global). He can get you plugged in with the locals.

Eat some green chile for me!
Thanx, it's my first house. I'm going to 58 SOW, I work on the CV-22 Osprey. The only base it's at now is Edwards, and we are nearly done with flight test here. Our whole det. is PSCing to Kirtland and Hurlburt, the 2 bases the CV-22 will be stationed initially.
Is Brent's screen name Compstall? He said in the western forums that he was down to hang out.

Hardy har...
Dude, I had to make the joke, but it's possible a CV-22 unit might be stationed there. AFSOC wants a base closer to the west coast, and doing so would take Cannon off the BRAC list... but I hope not...

-G
Old 03-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Launching!

Dude, I had to make the joke, but it's possible a CV-22 unit might be stationed there. AFSOC wants a base closer to the west coast, and doing so would take Cannon off the BRAC list... but I hope not...

-G

Yeah, I hear all the rumors, too. This place actually wouldn't be so bad if people didn't with each other at work all the time.

As long as I can get Keflavik outta here... I'll be happy!
Old 03-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Teching In

Wow, there is a few guys at kirtland here. I've been a browser of this site for a while but had to register just to post in this thread. Normally stick to the LT1 forums.

lowprofile - Im also cv-22 avionics been here in ABQ since late last summer. We got alot of V8 guys in the amu!

There is more than a handful of guys on base with F-bodies, even vettes, anyone thought of getting something going?? By the way I heard that the track is opening up this sunday!
Old 03-02-2006, 11:05 PM
Launching!

lowprofile - Im also cv-22 avionics been here in ABQ since late last summer. We got alot of V8 guys in the amu!
Nice! I'm engines. Are you comming out to Edwards for manning assist?
I'll be out there the first week of April. Sounds like we have enough people to get something going. How has the weather been?

-Greg
Old 03-04-2006, 02:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanx, it's my first house. I'm going to 58 SOW, I work on the CV-22 Osprey. The only base it's at now is Edwards, and we are nearly done with flight test here. Our whole det. is PSCing to Kirtland and Hurlburt, the 2 bases the CV-22 will be stationed initially.
Is Brent's screen name Compstall? He said in the western forums that he was down to hang out.

-G
Yep, Comstall is him! Good luck on your move!
Old 04-10-2006, 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GETSOMZ28
Yep, Compstall is him!
HI!!

I work right around the corner from y'all at the FTD building which is right next door to the billeting/NCO Academy. Stop by anytime.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Grave
am here at cannon as well. I have been here for 4 years now, and am ready to go somewhere new.

Last edited by hotrod_bljak; 04-20-2006 at 12:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone at Kirtland AFB, NM?