Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

I want to re-enlist.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 07:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post I want to re-enlist.

However, I feel i am getting the run around trying to get a copy of my 214. Yes, i know i am an idiot for loosing it in the first place (I honestly do not know what happened to the copy i put up just incase this happened).

Anyways, I've faxed the request to a records place who said that My records are not there, as i've only been out ~2 years.
Talking to the recruiter here in town, i was directed to a Army reserve recruiter (who tried to recruit me. no offense, but lol) who gave me some paper work to mail off to Indi i belive? Another records holding place whos turn around time is supposed to be around a year or more.

Honestly, i have a strong desire to eat in the near future, and would like my job back asafp. Can anyone give me tips\hints on how i can go about speeding up the process of getting a copy of my 214, or what copies can fly for a re-enlistment (If i can get in with a cert. copy etc), and other documentation i may need.

I know this is random, but I'm all out of ideas of people to ask\talk to about information.

Edit: US Army here.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

a recruiter should be able to or a local Command Career Counselor
Old 06-03-2007, 09:06 AM
TECH Resident

The recruiter should know the best way, I mean if he wants to recruit you and get his quota I dont see what the hold up is. You would think he knows what to do??
Old 06-03-2007, 09:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got done gowing through this whole process. There are alot of things that the recruiter can get off his computer with your social. The biggest lesson I learned getting back in though... Nobody cares about you like you do. If you don't call and hound people on nearly a daily basis, then nothing will get done.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Staging Lane

Tell the recruiter to get a "RED" report. That should have everything on it. You might not even need the 214.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the replies. I'll see if i can't get my hands on this Red report.

Quick Reply: I want to re-enlist.