Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Army Germany based

Old 06-24-2007, 05:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Army Germany based

just curious who all has been around the Giessen, Friedberg area north of Frankfurt. I am here closing the 1AD 1BDE post here and it blows watchin everyone leave and the economy has taken a huge hit, this crap is depressing even to watch bars get shutdown
Old 06-24-2007, 02:03 PM
roy
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was stationed in Friedberg at Spartan 1/36 IN
Old 06-24-2007, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was up in Giessen from March 2006 to January 2007. It was a **** hole then and I can only imagine how it is now seeing as the post is closing very soon. I have been in Hanau from January til now. Heading back stateside end of the week. It is kinda sad, the Giessen military community used to be the second largest American installation in Germany back at the end of the 80s, next to Hanau which was the largest. The Army is reorganizing and consolidating and the little outside garrisions are getting shut down. Hell Hanau will be closing by September of next year. What can ya say, its a new Army and the government cant afford to keep up these small installations.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in kirchgoens by giessen from 90-93 everything was booming then. When Bill Clinton was elected you could see a huge change. I would love to go back over there before everything is gone, its so sad to see this happen. If you look up ayers kasern it will show you the post I was at its already been destroyed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Army Germany based