Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

i need opinions... and thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Angry i need opinions... and thoughts

(this is the second time this has happened to me at this park) i need some feed back for a long letter i'm going to be writing the Ceder Point Amusement Park in Sandusky, Oh. when i was on leave the first weekend of Aug. i attended the park with some buddies. Walking around and standing in line for several hours we decided we wanted to get some tasty beverages. we went to one of the two restaurants that serve beer. (2nd time again) non English speaking waiter asked for I.D.. i gave the guy my Active duty military and what does the non english speaking guys say... again...

" this isn't valid, i need to see a states driver license"
so i asked for the manager.

"manager" comes out, (looked like just the head cook). he said the same thing, " not a legal form of id"

so i gave him my expired drivers license.

manager- " this is expired",

i replied " North Dakota state law and D.O.D says that my expired drivers license is valid in conjunction with an active duty military I.D.".

manager- " it's state law, i'm sorry there's nothing i can do, i don't want to lose my job"

we just ended up leaving. getting denied a freaking beer for the 2nd time is uncalled for. there are a lot of you guys over seas that don't have valid state driver licenses and i'm sure you'd be mad coming back from over seas and getting told "no", you can die for this wonderful country but you can't drink a beer.

i looked it up and found two different web sits that say Ohio state law, a mily id is valid among many other forms of picture id. the letter i'm writing is not just for my self but for every one of us doing what we do. and earning the right to drink a tasty beverage. what i'm looking for is some solid feed back to incorporate in to the letter i'm writing.

my plan is to attend the park one year'ish after mailing the letter to see if i made some sort of an impact on how they do business and if happens a 3rd time.....

Last edited by hawk584; 10-08-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:32 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm from Ohio (stationed in NC) and a lot of people INCLUDING cops don't know about the expired DL being valid while on active duty. It still shows up in the computer system as expired (I know the ordinance number by heart because of this). But for them saying your CAC isn't a valid form of ID is bullshit
Old 10-08-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah screw them anyhow, any fed id is a valid one.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:25 PM
NKAWTG...N

Even a Reserve ID is valid. There is a bar here that always denies people with Mil Ids. Since I usually go during the peak hours I never bitch, but one of these days when its less busy I am gonna have the door guy bring a manager over.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by StoleIt
Even a Reserve ID is valid. There is a bar here that always denies people with Mil Ids. Since I usually go during the peak hours I never bitch, but one of these days when its less busy I am gonna have the door guy bring a manager over.
The reserve ID is the same as the active ID, well at least in the army, they both are the same and say army on them.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Glad to see I'm not the Only one that this **** happens too. Every time i go home on leave there is a bunch of places that won't take your military I.D. for either Smokes for drinks, pisses me off I just go to another store.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

Man thats shitty. Nothing really you can do other than write a complaint to management stating the facts-see what happens. Or you could go to the news and have it exploited- refusing to serve war vets-i can see the headline now haha
Old 10-08-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by spoon98hatch
Man thats shitty. Nothing really you can do other than write a complaint to management stating the facts-see what happens. Or you could go to the news and have it exploited- refusing to serve war vets-i can see the headline now haha

i could see it making MSNBC or the O'rally factor like i said, it's not just for me...
Old 10-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Launching!

What if you don't have a vehicle/drivers license? No beer ever? I know penty of dorm/barracks guys who don't have a car or a license.

Originally Posted by SmokeShow99SS
Glad to see I'm not the Only one that this **** happens too. Every time i go home on leave there is a bunch of places that won't take your military I.D. for either Smokes for drinks, pisses me off I just go to another store.
When I go home to Pittsburgh on leave, I never once get hassled for showing my military ID to buy alcohol, and there isn't a military base for hundreds of miles. Besides, my PA license expired in 1997.

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. Any rational person would accept a military ID... it's a government issued identification card for crying out loud.

Originally Posted by hawk584
i could see it making MSNBC or the O'rally factor like i said, it's not just for me...

I'd do it. O'Reilley would be all over that.

Sounds to me like this "manager" probably has a certain political viewpoint, and was just doing it to spite you.

Quick Reply: i need opinions... and thoughts