Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Kadena AFB questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 07:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kadena AFB questions

Anyone who has been to or is already at Kadena that would like to tell me about it? I may have the opportunity to go there so I am wondering what life over there is like.

How is the weather year round?
Is it easy to get around the area?
Is it easy to travel to the other islands?
How are the girls around there?
What is the view of American military?
Does the area speak english?
I hear you can save a lot of money while there despite the cost of living? What is fun to do around there besides the bars?
What are the facilities on base like?
How is the food there? traditional and american
A lot of base drills? curfew?
How are the police there? how is the crime?
Please give me any other info that you feel like sharing
Old 10-25-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was only there for one month last year during the summer.

It rained. A lot. Chili's and a decent movie theater on base. When not raining its humid, like worse than FL.

Area seemed nice, almost had a laundry van merge into me though while driving someone to the Marine base.
Its the only AFB I've been too, but the food was excellent. Between the galley food and the rain so no running, which their track is nice, I gained like 10 pounds there.

Not sure on the Airforce side of things, but in the Navy your curfew was determined by rank. Also we were on detachment, I guess people who are permanently stationed there have different criteria.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Teching In

yeah I forgot to mention that I would be permanently stationed there (not just tdy) so I am asking questions from a more long term aspect.

Also forgot to ask what the housing conditions are like? dorms? is there housing on base/off base?
Old 10-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Dex
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by pengu
Anyone who has been to or is already at Kadena that would like to tell me about it? I may have the opportunity to go there so I am wondering what life over there is like.

How is the weather year round?
Is it easy to get around the area?
Is it easy to travel to the other islands?
What is the view of American military?
Does the area speak english?
I hear you can save a lot of money while there despite the cost of living? What is fun to do around there besides the bars?
What are the facilities on base like?
How is the food there? traditional and american
A lot of base drills? curfew?
How are the police there? how is the crime?
Please give me any other info that you feel like sharing
Its pretty hot and humid most of the year. I'm talking you step out the door and you have an instant case of swamp *** its also summer or winter there is no spring and fall.
Its pretty easy to get around but with a couple million people on a little island it can be a pain in the *** sometimes.
I didnt do any traveling while i was there so i dont know.
The american girls all let there bodys go to **** and all the cute ones are married. The locals are pretty bangin but they all wear the same **** mini skirts and knee high boots with no tittys and no asses. Wasnt for me but i had to so what i had to do
Some of them like the military some dont they are always having protests to try and get us to leave. But some of them are so damn nice just completly out of there way nice.
Around the base most of them speak english you will play a lot of pictionary
You can save a LOT if your married if your single no where near as much cola was only $200 when i left. I make more now that i'm back in the states and live off base.
There are a LOT of beautiful beaches theres a cool waterfall there is some stuff to do depending on what you like and who you hang out with.
Base is pretty good but all the building are made of concrete to survive the all the typhoons.
There is a good mix of american food over there like mcdonalds, kfc, A&W these are all off base japanese owned and operated.
There whole base exercise 4 times a year when the ori comes up you do it once a month
Good luck on finding police off base there are VERY FEW i MIGHT have seen 20 in 2 years. Just dont **** up they can hold you for 30 days and dont have to tell anyone. The only crime is what us americans bring over there and the dumbass marines. Not talking bad about marines but there are some stupid ones over there.
There is a curfew now i think its midnight or 1am i dont remember but most SRA get a silver card which means no curfew A1C and below you will have a curfew. Dont get caught breaking it article 15 and loss of a stripe.
Your shop is what with make or break that place good shop you'll love of bad shop you'll hate it.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Teching In

thanks a bunch. exactly the kind of info i was looking for. anybody else have the same experiences or things to add?
Old 10-28-2007, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very humid, step out the door and you are soaking in sweat, rains a lot aka Typhoons...

cheap cars though, they have lemon lots, aka free cars that may or may not last a while.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I went there a few years back to inspected some jets. The first week it rained forever, seemed like it would never stop. After the rain let up the weather was nice. Did some diving and a few local tours around the island. As far as being on base, they seemed to have a HIGH number of d.u.i's. That really hurt the liberty of the permament party. Other then that had a great time there, wouldn't mind going back just to make a few dives I didn't get to make.

Quick Reply: Kadena AFB questions