Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Army MOS Patches Help... (From WWII, for shadow box)

Old 11-20-2007, 09:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Army MOS Patches Help... (From WWII, for shadow box)

Ok.. I thought of a KICK *** Christmas gift for my uncle... My Grandfather passed away about 8 years ago. He was an Army tank mechanic during WWII. Apparently, the MOS patch was a tiger crushing a tank in his mouth.. The Flag was given to my Grandmother at the funeral, and since my grandmother passed about 6 years ago, my uncle now has the flag.

I want to present a new shadow box to my uncle. His father meant a LOT to him and I think it would be a great honor to present him with a nice shadow box, w/ rank and an MOS patch. I have my mother trying to research his exact rank and other information at City hall so I can have more to fill the box with.

Now I just have to get into my uncle's house to get the flag... (I'm AD USAF so I know how to treat it... I'm also going out for Honor Guard..)

Last edited by bayer-z28; 11-20-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds cool, my father has been in for almost 28 years and has a cool one. no ribbons or anything, just a flag that flew in his get in OIF (tucked away), lots of pictures of him in uniform threw the days and all.

When he retires I want to do what you are doing.

Good luck with it. I THINK thats the correct patch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Army MOS Patches Help... (From WWII, for shadow box)