Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Sponsors Willing to Help Deployed Troops?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sponsors Willing to Help Deployed Troops?

The reason I am posting this thread is to see if any of the Sponsors / Venders that are on this Forum would be interested is showing a little support to the soldiers in my unit.
I am SPC John Vail (after 2 A15 for dumb ****) and am currently serving my 4th deployment. We are 6 months into our 15+ month deployment. With the xmas season coming up and so many of these boys spending their first xmas away from home. (Our unit is brand new, jsut stood up) I was currious if any of you would be interested in sending a few care packages over here to us.
One it will definately boost the moral to show that the companies in the states support us.
Two it will get your company name around to people that may not have heard of you, and with all these young guys making vast ammounts of money and will more than likely be buying cars or moding there cars when they return might be a good boost in business.
I am not promising that all my soldiers will now shop with you but its worth a shot.

If you are interested in sending something PM me.

Also if you are a member, and just interested in sending snacks, supplies, (Deer Jerky......) feel free to PM me as well, every little bit helps.

John
Old 12-11-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to help your cause I knew a guy that was ARMY Infantry during OIF and came back and built a 9 sec Nova from scratch with the money he saved.

When my father was over for OIF we sent them all sorts of stuff, even his buddies looked forward to what we would send because he would share hahaha.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

What unit?
Old 12-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

Default unit

I am currently in 3-73 cav out of Ft Bragg. Now mind you Im not looking for parts or hand outs. It doesnt even need to be gear.
I am just really surprised at the little amount of responses I have gotten to this. I thought for sure there would be at least one or two, I post one in welcome, and here, i can do sponsor thread, not important enough, seeing as im new....
Well ill bump me up maybe today is the lucky day
Old 12-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Staging Lane

edited - Haha, I just read your post instead of skimming, my bad

Off topic, do you know a Lieutenant Repshire by chance?
Old 12-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

No i sure dont know him, what unit is he with, 3-73 cav, or something, waht troop whats his job.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Staging Lane

Hell I don't know. He's running around cav somewhere. Just thought I'd check
Old 12-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

:: Bump ::
Old 12-14-2007, 03:56 AM
Teching In

Hey man, I totally believe in supporting an awesome cause like this. I volunteer the 1st saturday of every month to an organization called "Dont Forget The Soldiers". We send out care packages with dvd's, coffee, toilitries and special request as well as other donated items. I'm gonna write down your unit and hopefully get something out to ya. Nest time I'm there, I'll drop in a note telling you who I am. While I cannot promise you LSX parts, if you have an easier request, I will try to fufill it. Thanks for everything, stay safe and God Bless
Old 12-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Staging Lane

The LSX parts was a joke, though it would be nice.....open a box to find a FI kit
T-Shirts, videos, pretty much anything, I am jsut trying to bring some car moral here, and possibly push some business to the sponsors. There will be alot of guys buying thier first cars when we get back. And there are alot of us that are planing on moding the ones we do have.
I alway forget to post the address

SPC John Vail
HHT 3/73 CAV
CSC SCANIA
APO AE 09331

If any more of you are interested, anyone at all that wants to shoot some Car Mags or Calendars, anything at all please dont hesitate to get ahold of me..

Thanks in advance
John
Old 12-16-2007, 11:26 AM
Staging Lane

Last BUMP I am really shocked on the number or replies I have gotten......

I wasnt looking for hand out on car parts, one that would cost way to much, two i have no idea how many modders we have here, and three what good would it do to have them here...
I was looking for something with a company logo on it, t-shirts, hats, jackets, ect.....
Old 12-16-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

I can't believe that there isn't any sponsors here that would be willing to send out a care package to our troops over seas. It's not easy being away from home through the holidays ESPECIALLY when it's 10,000 miles away! He's not asking for free parts, just magazines, stickers, movies, shirts, just something. That's def not cool. Maybe they just don't get a chance to check this section out or something...
Old 12-16-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just posted a like to this thread in the sponsors feedback section. I know they check that one out, hopefully that will help. Also they might need some info (addresses) on how and where to send it.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:30 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM sent.

4 yrs in the 75th Ranger Regiment here. I stand behind our boys 100%!!!
Old 12-16-2007, 10:36 PM
Teching In

If anyone is close to where he is stationed talk to his unit. Most, good units atleast, will send out care packages them selfs also. When our shop deployed we did. If this is the case and you tell them you would like to donate what ever. Some will pick it up, you can drop off, what ever and they will be more than likely to ship it out for you. You can also check around your area. There are a lot of places that do care packages. You can also talk to UPS or fedex what ever. Ask them. Tell them you are sending out a lot of care packages to the troops etc... They will either do it free or really cheap.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Staging Lane

Default Much better

There was all of a sudden a flood of people, and one guy already sent a package, THANKS RON
All you have to do is let me know what you are sending, I will give them out here. If you need numbers we are looking at around 28 soldiers in my unit, though not all of them are gear heads. You can send anything you wish, Shirts, Hats, Food, Movies, anything at all, some drag racing movies or girls gone wild would be coolll....lol
Just looking for some support from companies that I support, and that maybe have wondered how to help but werent sure how. Now is the chance so contact me if you have any questions at all...

John
Old 12-17-2007, 10:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have plenty of T-Shirts I will be willing to send over there also. I might even throw in some good old fashioned Beef Jerky from Bass Pro Shop Send me the information as well.

Thanks,
Amber
Six Speeds Inc.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:58 AM
TECH Resident

here's another addy if you guys want to be generous to us over here in qatar/afghan, just pm and i will get them to you!! what the sponsers do here for the military is amazing!!
Old 12-17-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Veteran

A very good way to have addressed this would have been to email Admin on approaching sponsors and which forum to post. They have the ability to contact sponsors on a larger level.

You could have also pm'd me or Cyphur as well - there are plenty of people willing to send care packages but sometimes they do get innundated with a lot of direct requests.

Don't get your undies in a wad, we deploy out of this house as too but we do keep in mind this is a members only board, Admin would more than likely guide this along.

Thank You and safe days to all serving out of country
Old 12-17-2007, 04:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for all of the support lets keep this thread going and keep helping out our fellow soldiers over seas! I'm glad that there's sponsor interest in this!!!! That's awesome!!

Quick Reply: Sponsors Willing to Help Deployed Troops?