Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

I just signed my Re Enlistment paperwork..

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 06:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I just signed my Re Enlistment paperwork..

Today that is...

I wasn't even thinking of the money at the time.. It was kind of a surreal moment to sign 6 more years of my life over to the Department of Defense. I was thinking of all the accomplishments over the past 5+ years, the countries I've seen and how far I've come since 2002..

I love the USAF and I love this country...

Last edited by bayer-z28; 03-04-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck man, looks like you plan on the career route
Old 03-04-2008, 06:52 PM
TECH Veteran

^I'm thinking yes... I have a goal for the next 6-10 years to make it to the rank of Master Sergeant.. (E-7 USAF) I loved the change from Airman to NCO.. People look at me for answers now and most of the time I have them or I know someone who does.. I'm loving the responsibility and I just keep craving more..

It's the best thing for me to stay in.. It keeps me in shape in more way than one.. Keeps my mind sharp and there are ALWAYS opportunities for advancement and they set you up for success.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Word
Old 03-04-2008, 10:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
^I'm thinking yes... I have a goal for the next 6-10 years to make it to the rank of Master Sergeant.. (E-7 USAF) I loved the change from Airman to NCO.. People look at me for answers now and most of the time I have them or I know someone who does.. I'm loving the responsibility and I just keep craving more..

It's the best thing for me to stay in.. It keeps me in shape in more way than one.. Keeps my mind sharp and there are ALWAYS opportunities for advancement and they set you up for success.
sounds like you need to be a recruiter there motivator. also 6-10 years and make E-7, shouldn't be a problem.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:21 AM
12 Second Club

Damn you must be a good test taker! I been in for 11 and still a staff! I must be stupid oh well I guess I will just sew it on sooner. I also reenlisted recently. They would only let me do 4 though. Good luck!
Old 03-05-2008, 08:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for your commitment, and your service!

I am actually getting out in a few weeks just because I have a few opportunities for pilot spots with the Reserves and Guard. If I don't get them, theres a strong chance I might go back in though as I feel the same way you do that it has been the best years of my life serving this nation in the Air Force.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:53 AM
Teching In

Thank you for your commitment to our country. I appreciate all you and your fellow service men and women are doing. Without people like you our freedom would be in jeopardy. Thanks again!!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 11:04 AM
11 Second Club

Old 03-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Teching In

I refuse to re-enlist. Esp in the USAF.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Veteran

^ I completely understand that the MIL is not for everybody... Different strokes for different strokes...

I appreciate everyone's support... We can use all the back we can get these days..
Old 03-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Teching In

It's not that I don't like it or anything, it's just that I'm so jaded by my job and this base. Not to mention I went from e3 to e2 about a month before I was supposed to put on e4. Not to mention that I would have made the cut off to test for staff(e5) this year. Needless to say my career has pretty much been reset halfway through my enlistment.

ADC is a joke by the way. If anyone gets an article 15/NJP, talk to me. I've been through it.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

congrats man!!! im actually re-enlisting as well!! signed up for another 4. that would put me in at 10 years so i might as well do the long haul. i looked at all options of getting out, but theres no job out there thats gonna pay me what i make as an E-5 without a degree!!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:14 AM
TECH Resident

yes it is not for everyone, but can be great. it all depends on what unit you are with. i just ets'd out the army last year. during my first 3yrs people always ask or stated i would do 20yrs and i would say no 30.lol then i went to a **** unit and horriable chain of command. my second tour to iraq was hell compared to the first time. all because of the people i worked for. and as far as keeping your mind sharp, i will have to disagree i cant remember **** these days.lol but i will never regreat doing it and will always support you guys.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool stuff man... I reenlisted about a year ago, still got 3 to go till my 8 mark... IMDS is ok I guess.. **** it, I dont mind the office jobs a bit.

Doc
Old 03-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Congrats on re-enlisting. I am actually in my first tech school right now (USAF ANG). I'm fresh out of basic and looking forward to getting to work.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

I remember graduating from tech school...seems like yesterday, but when I think back it was 5 yrs ago.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pneumothorax
It's not that I don't like it or anything, it's just that I'm so jaded by my job and this base. Not to mention I went from e3 to e2 about a month before I was supposed to put on e4. Not to mention that I would have made the cut off to test for staff(e5) this year. Needless to say my career has pretty much been reset halfway through my enlistment.

ADC is a joke by the way. If anyone gets an article 15/NJP, talk to me. I've been through it.
Dude im sure they didn't give you that **** for no reason. Anyway, this dude that I was in tech school and first base with got a Art 15 for a DUI lost a stripe then tested HARD! Made Staff again and Tech first time with BAD EPR's and now he out ranks me. He is a really good guy BTW he just gets outta hand off duty with the booze. There is only one excuse and its the one that you make up. Im not trying to be the bad guy I know BELIEVE me I know how shitty things can be. But think about how much worst it could be. There is always worst. I dont know what your job is but in acft mx if you ask the old timers if they got in trouble they will admit it most chiefs aint angels man.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hawaiiboysz
Dude im sure they didn't give you that **** for no reason. Anyway, this dude that I was in tech school and first base with got a Art 15 for a DUI lost a stripe then tested HARD! Made Staff again and Tech first time with BAD EPR's and now he out ranks me. He is a really good guy BTW he just gets outta hand off duty with the booze. There is only one excuse and its the one that you make up. Im not trying to be the bad guy I know BELIEVE me I know how shitty things can be. But think about how much worst it could be. There is always worst. I dont know what your job is but in acft mx if you ask the old timers if they got in trouble they will admit it most chiefs aint angels man.
Yeah, but back in the "good ol days" I would have gotten a LOR or similar. Not an art 15. My career is pretty much fuct. Everyone looks at me like i'm a POS because I made a mistake. All because my commander wanted to "make an example out of someone/group of someones". Less than 2 weeks before my incident (there were 2 others involved) the same thing happened. The guy in my position got an LOR. It's bogus how the commander can just take it easy on some people and ruin others. Bah, maybe I'm just bitter...

Quick Reply: I just signed my Re Enlistment paperwork..