Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

MIL Jargon ... LOL

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 12:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MIL Jargon ... LOL

I caught myself thinking out loud when I got home and realized what I said... I've been in for 5+ years so this is normal for myself or anyone who has been in long enough.

"Darn it.. of course I need the GTC for the Silver Flag TDY and Kent in the CSS is on RDO. Figures... "

.. .Any 'fly on the wall' would be completely lost to WTF I just said... I confuse people when I'm home on leave.. It's another world... MIL jargon and all..
Old 03-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Teching In

I've been in for a hair over 5, but for some reason I've never really picked up that much jargon. I occasionally say TDY in front of the wife, and its one of the few terms that I know she recognizes. But for the most part, nothing else.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Teching In

I was home not too long ago and I made my mom speed from the airport because I had an IFE and was "Code 3 for FSF" (fart/**** separator). My mum just didn't understand.

Civilians...
Old 03-09-2008, 03:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its extremely frustrating to ask someone where the head is only to remember after repeating it 5 or 6 times that it used to be called a "restroom" or some such thing.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Teching In

I'm ex-Air Force and like 99% of the guys I work with are ex-Marines, and we all work on a Navy base. Some of their jargon is a little different from AF talk, but I can pretty much pick up on it right away without asking. I like working with ex-military folks, I can relate to them and feels almost like I never left the miliitary.

Quick Reply: MIL Jargon ... LOL