Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

prob. get stationed on the Truman

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 02:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prob. get stationed on the Truman

Hey guys looking for some info about the truman. I'm looking to get orders for the boat and arrive there some time in march. I'm currently stationed in Bahrain and I will be working in AIMD. If any of you guys can give me some info I would really appreaciate it.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:49 PM
11 Second Club

If you will be working in AIMD, then you will be on shore det. Then when the ship goes out they pick up the air wing, and that will be you. Correct??
Old 06-15-2008, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I actually just got off that boat. We got back from cruise June 4th and they'll be heading to the yards in July so get ready for a ton of needle gunning, welding and all the other sweaty fun jobs that goes along with yard periods. If you've never been on a carrier its a lot different from a small boy. It seems like its harder to get everything done on big decks cause they're so by the book but it also has its benefits. The ship itself is relatively new at only 10 years old so its really not falling apart or anything. The food is a lot better than I had on my small boy and 8 section duty isn't too bad for a ship. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure AIMD still works on the ship in port so you'll be stationed at Naval Station Norfolk. Just be optimistic going into it and you should be just fine. Good luck.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Staging Lane

well I'm no stranger to a big deck. I've been stationed on the eisenhower before when it went in drydock for awhile. I'm a first so I dont see any needlegunning in my future lol. AIMD is ships company so we stay onboard no matter what. I was just looking for others on here that might be stationed onboard and could tell me alittle about the department stuff like that.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, it seemed like most of the 1st's in AIMD seemed like their jobs pretty well. Of course the a lot of E-4 and below bitched about it, but that's pretty much to be expected. I know most of the khakis in AIMD like to have a good time in foreign ports. When you get to the ship ask about the chief that got caught getting a lapdance from a 1st in a porta potty in Marseille.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by rollinna65
When you get to the ship ask about the chief that got caught getting a lapdance from a 1st in a porta potty in Marseille.

Oh...thats pure comedy.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

well found out today that I didnt get the orders to the truman . oh well better luck next time I guess.

Quick Reply: prob. get stationed on the Truman