Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Patrick AFB?

Old 06-20-2008, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Patrick AFB?

I applied for a slot at Cape Canaveral! it's one of those jobs that rarely comes up for X2's and i jumped on it right away. the report no later then date is 31OCT. i'm guessing i'll find out if i got it around August time. what is life at Patrick like? weather? traffic? on base moral? any help on any inexpensive apartments would be awesome! i found some on rent.com for under 600$/month. i have a lot of family in Florida and really hope i get these orders!

Last edited by hawk584; 06-20-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My old man was at Patrick back in the 70's and I was born and grew up in Melbourne than Tampa. It was a small town that has shot up in population the last 20 years. The beaches are sweet, youre near Cocoa Beach and Daytona and about an hour from Orlando. It's starting to get expensive to live in FL (almost starting to mirror CA). If you have any kind of old school ride better watch out for the salt air right on Satellite Beach and South Patrick shores area, they will rust your car out quick. It's non-emissions in the whole state, thats a plus.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm currently Stationed there (Army, working at the DOD EO School there) so my interaction with the 45th space wing is pretty much limited, but they always have events going on. The area is great, I live out in Rockledge and I can't complain. The post is litteraly across the street from the Atlantic Ocean. Other than that knight rider pretty much covered it.

Cheers
George
Old 06-28-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

cool beans, thank you. i was told i should know in a week or 2

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Patrick AFB?