Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Vehicle Storage

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 08:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vehicle Storage

I will be leaving in September from Lackland AFB for a 121 day deployment. I called my readiness folks and they were clueless. I googled with no luck..

Isn't there free and maintenance-tracked vehicle storage for military?

Any help is appreciated!
Old 06-30-2008, 10:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Contact your TMO office. I am pretty sure however that this service is only for those going overseas on a PCS.

Jack
Old 06-30-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Regular

TMO can do it. I cannot speak on how the AF does it, but it is usually a bad deal for the MC. They just have you park it in a big, fenced in lot and you unhook the battery. You'll find all sorts of critters in your engine bay. I'd just find a buddy that will take care of it. Or a private storage place that you can drive it into.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:15 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by lt1 hawk
TMO can do it. I cannot speak on how the AF does it, but it is usually a bad deal for the MC. They just have you park it in a big, fenced in lot and you unhook the battery. You'll find all sorts of critters in your engine bay. I'd just find a buddy that will take care of it. Or a private storage place that you can drive it into.

Pretty much the same for the army. POV storage is you park it in a big sorta fenced in lot to sit and rot the duration of deployment. The fat and lazy guards in the shack up front might get off their gihugeous butts a couple of times a month to see if vehicles are still there. As far as maintaining...well...as I said they check to see if it is still there on occasion. If a window is broken out they might notate it...but covering it up is waaay beyond what their bloated and near-death cardiovascular system could withstand.

Find a friend or relative you can trust with it...or pay a private indoor facility that will start it up from time to time. Heck, if it was just 120 days I would rent a unit at a decent self storage facility. Park it, unplug the battery, and call it good. 120 days is nuttin.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LastHawk
Isn't there free and maintenance-tracked vehicle storage for military?
Nope. Get a storage unit and park the car in there, or get a buddy.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:49 PM
TECH Regular

Oh yeah, if you are going to be giving it to a family member or friend you can REALLY TRUST to take care of it, you might want to get them a SPECIAL Power of Attorney. You CAN get a special POA for free through your base legal. Just make it so they can do maintence on it, not sell it or transfer titles. If it is just parked in a storage unit for 4 months, call your insurance company and have them move it to storage insurance which pretty much just covers it if the place catches on fire or a metor or some crazy **** falls on it. But that will save you a lot of money on insurance. Don't make the mistake of just cancelling your insurance on it till you get back.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:06 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do not leave that car with any friend. Thats for sure.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

very true^. get a private storage unit and store it there much safer.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Look i have my camaro in a private stroage with stabil( the whole bottle) in the tank(full) for the last 7 months. Came back on R&R and she started right up with no problems. Of course i also have the termanials disconnected, plus on jack stands.

Follow that direction and you'll be good to go. On the down side, had to come back to hell for another 8 months
Old 06-28-2011, 03:43 PM

Guys,

My company specializes in storing vehicles for military personnel and has been doing so since 2002 and specialize in high end vehicles. Our vehicles are stored in an enclosure with cloth car covers in a secured fenced facility and we do maintenance starts on the vehicles twice a month. I invite you to visit out website and read our testimonials.

www.adkos.com

Sincrely,
Dan Banks
East Coast Operations Director
Old 06-28-2011, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you go with DBanks...Austin looks like your best bet.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what if you have 2 POV's stateside, and get stationed OCONUS where you're only allowed to ship 1 POV overseas.....will the government pay for the storage of the other POV?

Quick Reply: Vehicle Storage