Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Anyone have a link....?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 11:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone have a link....?

to the AFOQT?...just wanting to read up on it...

debating right now going to OTS and be full time active or go into the national guard as an MP...been told by several people that werent recruiters that i would probably come out as an E4

i have a bachelors and also being an ex-cop i enjoyed law enforcement...however im not all about moving from base to base, as i live in florida and enjoy it...my cousin is a captain at lackland and weve been talking...he believes i should go OTS, he's a smart man...but that thought of moving all the time is huge to me ...but the money he makes as an O3 is ridiculous...

the thought of basic for either doesnt really bother me either, my police academy was run by SWAT members, i would put money on it they rivaled marine instructors from what ive seen, i played college soccer, so i dont think the running would bother me...the early mornings would be the hard part

ive put my two weeks in at my current job, so ones going to happen...there are no cop jobs left in florida

thoughts?
Old 07-17-2008, 11:46 PM
NKAWTG...N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.baseops.net/afoqt/

It's a little old, their is no more electric maze. Try AF.mil also.

Good luck. I passed with flying colors, so really that means any other living human being capable of putting on their own shoes in the morning should also.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

anybody got anything different from what the AF's website says about bringing things or whatever?
Old 07-21-2008, 11:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

The AFOQT was a pretty rough test as far as military tests go although I did very well on it but decided to go back into the army instead (officer promotion rate is higher in the army). There are many books to buy as study guides for the AFOQT as well.

BTW if you go to OTS you will come out as an O1 (2nd Liuetenant). Officer pay is pretty good, typical O3 pay is in the $75K range but there is a huge tax factor that works to your advantage since housing and food allowances are not taxed at all.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

ive just decided to go enlisted right now, in the guard you cant be an officer unless a position is available...no officer positions open right now in florida

so pretty much im putting in for a MP spot at a figther wing here in town, come out as an E3 and just apply for EVERY officer position that comes available in my four year stint...i was a cop before, so this is the biggest thing i can relate to

i read some of the experiences people had on here in bmt...anybody got anything else...pretty much just plan on taking a back pack with a few clothes and bathroom stuff
Old 07-29-2008, 04:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

well i went to meps today...passed everything until the physical and i apparently have a hernia?!...just had a physical within this past year and had a clean bill and havent done anything to hurt myself since...sooo?...im really wanting to call BS on this...DQ for 6 months now ******* pissed, got an avg. score on the asvab and was planning to ship out in the next few weeks...? is can i get a second and third opinion and have them over rule the meps doctor?, **** if im waiting on the military to clear me in 6 months
Old 07-29-2008, 10:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talk to your recruiter and see if they will allow a outside doctors opinion in order to redo the MEPS physical. That is if you really dont think you have the hernia.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a link....?