Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

fbodies at ft carson

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 01:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fbodies at ft carson

any of you guys on here just wondering. im shooting to stationed up there once we (4id) get back. how does your car act with the weather(cold/ice/snow)?
Old 07-24-2008, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

anyone
Old 08-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Staging Lane

Theres snow and ice all over the roads during the winter. Your also over 1 mile high in altitude. So basically your car is alot slower and going to be all over the road come winter time but there is a afew tracks near by and summer time is a blast up there.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Default LS1 in the Springs

Not at Ft. Carson. I'm at the AFA. Same, same. When you get up here it will feel like some one took 70-100hp away form your car. The altitude really kills performance. No worries just another excuse to go forced induction. The winters are kind of mild up here. There are days when you will be able to take your car out of its winter slumber and shake the cobwebs out of it a bit. I put mine up for the winter and only bring it out for an hour or so about every month. With the hit to hp we take up here you can drive an LS1 f-body in the snow if you have to. My Camaro and my T/A were/are both m6 cars and if you turn off the traction control and use 2nd and 4th they will move around fairly easily in the snow. The only real problem I had was the ride height. Any thing over about 3inches of snow and they act more like a snow plow than a car. The summers are great here. Check out Grocery Warehouse when you get here. Saturday afternoons in the summer at GW is like a little car show. Lots of nice people and all kinds of vehicles are represented. I am done with the Springs in October and PCSing to South Georgia. No more winter for me, yippee. Good luck and have fun up here.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

im down here at carson...been here 3 1/2 yrs now i love it here the winters are not to bad i drive my car year round i kind of have to i only had one problem driving i had to go up a slight hill and it was icy and the car didnt make it the GW is a good place to hang out in the summer the worst thing i think is the people in this area cant drive very good
Old 09-05-2008, 04:55 AM
12 Second Club

I am at Carson. I wouldn't want a rear wheel drive car in the winters. I don't use my Trans Am as a daily driver and it sets in my garage during the winter. I also have a 2006 GTO but I don't drive it in the snow either. I just drive my Chevy 4X4 in the winter. The altitude sux (6000 ft above sea level) and will slow your quarter mile times. My TA runs 12.7 here but will run 11.5 at sea level.

I wouldn't want a lowered car here either. The driveways are pretty steep right when you pull in it. I had eibach sportline and eibach proline on my TA and they were both to low for this area. I ended up putting the stock springs back in and no scrubbing now but you do have to hit everything at an angle just to make sure it doesn't hit.

Last edited by 2000WS6ICK; 09-05-2008 at 05:00 AM.