Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Shaw AFB peeps

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 06:55 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shaw AFB peeps

I have THREE questions for ya

1) Anyone else ready to donkey punch someone (anyone) for the amount of speedbumps we now have to go over before getting to our NEW 35MPH speed limit through the main gate? Meaning is anyone else having trouble getting over them without bottoming out. Seems the ones near that near mechanical barriers and the one just before you get outside the gate seem to get my exhaust EVERYTIME no matter how I roll over them

2) Is anyone running with sway bars at all? If so are they hanging too low for these abominations on base?

3) ready to MOPP up
Old 08-31-2008, 09:56 AM
Teching In

I don't rub on any of them, but I still wanna punch someone who thought of that crap. They are gonna be doing that to all the gates, the back on will be next after shaw furniture leaves, we bought that property. I think they are going to have to move the pizza hut housing gate to make that one the same way though. Maybe they'll open the gate by the old shoppette again. I have been on leave for the last 37 days, so no MOPP for me, but I hear we are going to again soon.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by pmcclelland99
I don't rub on any of them, but I still wanna punch someone who thought of that crap. They are gonna be doing that to all the gates, the back on will be next after shaw furniture leaves, we bought that property. I think they are going to have to move the pizza hut housing gate to make that one the same way though. Maybe they'll open the gate by the old shoppette again. I have been on leave for the last 37 days, so no MOPP for me, but I hear we are going to again soon.
Well I can tell you who's bright idea it was....but I think you already know who as well. Hasn't made any of us happy thats for sure I asked the legal chick during the Phase II what I needed to do since I thought the bumps were responsible for my lovely Corsa getting jacked up and and make rear shock going out. She told me I'd never win a claim because the boss would see it and tell me there was no excuse and it was "vital to the mission" they were put in.

I didn't know they were doing all of them either. Was wondering what they were doing by the F-4 and stuff by that turnoff from the main gate.

Next one should be in November IIRC. They might do it differently then anyways because the Vice still needs to get his legs dirty.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigT2002

Next one should be in November IIRC. They might do it differently then anyways because the Vice still needs to get his legs dirty.
Next one is in October, I believe.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:48 AM
On The Tree

New to shaw just got in the other day from Osan seems pretty decent so far. I got a 02 silver ws6 if you see me rolling around base. I seen alot of pretty sweet cars driving around last week.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Staging Lane

i know im bringing back on old one....but is there anyone on here still at Shaw AFB ?

i just bought my T/A after i got home from Iraq in November.

There's a dyno day going on in Fort Mill, SC next weekend, Apr 30. anyone going ?
Old 05-01-2011, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by boostedbird38
i know im bringing back on old one....but is there anyone on here still at Shaw AFB ?

i just bought my T/A after i got home from Iraq in November.

There's a dyno day going on in Fort Mill, SC next weekend, Apr 30. anyone going ?
im stationed at shaw unfortunately. where do you work out of?

Quick Reply: Shaw AFB peeps