Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

150 shot z28 vs pullied ported cobra

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 11:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 150 shot z28 vs pullied ported cobra

A couple local guys goin at it, the Z28 is 0-60 on herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdQeTApP3tU
Old 10-28-2009, 01:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that Z28 needs to lose those 2.73's BAD!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 05:55 PM
MASS seller approved

ya X2 on the gears good races
Old 10-29-2009, 05:59 PM
12 Second Club

need some 373 at least
Old 10-29-2009, 07:22 PM
10 Second Club

nice vid. I thought the Cobra would be faster than that.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JaSSon
Cobras are quick, but not that fast to be honest...And they handle like ****!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:44 PM
01z
TECH Regular

hows that 3600 stall w/ 273s?
Old 10-29-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

def loose the gears. is the ls1 running on a stock bottom end?
Old 10-30-2009, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by JaSSon
Faster than a near 500whp 4th gen???
Old 10-30-2009, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SneakySSnake
Faster than a near 500whp 4th gen???
Thats actually about what that Cobra is most likely putting out. That Cobra has quite a few mods and they were pretty underrated from the factory.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by squee
Welcome to the wonderful world of fbodies and mustangs. Good going straight, crap when turning. But if you put in some good quality suspension pieces they can handle quite well.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Apex_632
Welcome to the wonderful world of fbodies and mustangs. Good going straight, crap when turning. But if you put in some good quality suspension pieces they can handle quite well.
Believe me, I know my F-bodies. Mustangs though, take ALOT to make them handle good. I've driven my friends Cobra quite a bit and it just plain handles like ****. At high speeds it wanders like crazy, and if the *** comes out, it ain't goin back. Not to mention the wheel hop...

And I'm offended by that. lol...My SS handles amazing.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Completely disagree with both statements. My Cobra handles much better than my '00 Z28 did...and there aren't
too many cars I run across on the street that can run me down in a straight line.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by unit213
Completely disagree with both statements. My Cobra handles much better than my '00 Z28 did...and there aren't
too many cars I run across on the street that can run me down in a straight line.
Stock, there not all that fast. Even intake and exhaust there still not all that fast. Maybe its just me, or the Cobra I've driven several times, but its just not all that fast. Faster than a stock F-body, sure, but even a stock F-body isn't that fast. I just think the Cobras are extremely unpredictable and dart around alot at high speeds (like anything over 100mph). Maybe it was just her car, but all the Cobra owners I've talked to said the same thing and thats why they all went with a SRA.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Stock, there not all that fast. Even intake and exhaust there still not all that fast. Maybe its just me, or the Cobra I've driven several times, but its just not all that fast. Faster than a stock F-body, sure, but even a stock F-body isn't that fast. I just think the Cobras are extremely unpredictable and dart around alot at high speeds (like anything over 100mph). Maybe it was just her car, but all the Cobra owners I've talked to said the same thing and thats why they all went with a SRA.
Stock? Of course they are slow in stock trim. Damn near every car in the world is slow in
stock trim. I've had my car past 170mph and it was fine. Just because you've driven a girl's
Cobra "several times" doesn't make you an expert. I guess you're opinion is valid since it's all
about your personal perception, but it just doesn't hold much weight IMO since you obviously
have very little experience with the topic you're speaking about.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Stock? Of course they are slow in stock trim. Damn near every car in the world is slow in
stock trim. I've had my car past 170mph and it was fine. Just because you've driven a girl's
Cobra "several times" doesn't make you an expert. I guess you're opinion is valid since it's all
about your personal perception, but it just doesn't hold much weight IMO since you obviously
have very little experience with the topic you're speaking about.
Obviously have little experience? I'm not looking to get into a arguement, but I have more experience than you think. At 160, my SS (which didn't even have swaybars which were removed for the track) was more planted and stable than that damn Cobra was at 130. And I say several, but more like dozens of times I drove it. Her car wasn't stock, it had a intake and exhaust, but it still didn't impress me really. Stock, I know that the Cobra I drove handled like ****. Sure, it was a smooth ride, but if you hit a bump, it darted one way or the other, and at high speeds it was all over the place and just wouldn't stay planted. Maybe its just her car, but the few Cobra owners I've talked to all said they had the same thing until they trashed the IRS. I can't say for sure if a SRA handles better in a Mustang, cause I haven't driven one, but I don't really doubt it.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You sound like an idiot..

And what is funny is I rode in my car tonight along with my buddies pullied cobra tonight.. I felt much safer in his car than I did in mine. The ride quality is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better, we were doing 50mph and it felt like we were barely moving.
A cobra is a superior car in *almost* every aspect compared to an fbody, and for the price, it should be.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, you are fighting a losing battle with Unit, He had forgotten more about Cobras than you ever thought you knew.. And probably ls1s also at that.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lemons12
You sound like an idiot..

And what is funny is I rode in my car tonight along with my buddies pullied cobra tonight.. I felt much safer in his car than I did in mine. The ride quality is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better, we were doing 50mph and it felt like we were barely moving.
A cobra is a superior car in *almost* every aspect compared to an fbody, and for the price, it should be.
It's the fact that it has IRS. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a far superior car to the F-Body. Let's face it the 1970's Mustang Chassis used in the Cobra's isn't exactly the best one, seeing as every ethusiast that owns a Mustang that is Pre-2005 will tell you the first thing to do is full lenght SFC.

However, I will agree with you that the overall ride quality in the Cobra is MUCH better than that of our WS6's! The way it absorbs bumps and other imperfections in the road is
Old 10-31-2009, 12:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

my SS handles like a boat.......