Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Street racing accident - car flips

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street racing accident - car flips

Here's a clip from when I went down for on of the Cash Day's events down south, luckily this car has a funny car cage in it and the driver walked away only sore!

The funny part is, he was trying to kick the windshield about 15 minutes after this happened so he could make the next round of racing! hahah

http://www.1320video.com/CDVRoll.php

Youtube Version -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAc4IQ9whrU
Old 11-28-2009, 12:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They have these new things called drag strips where you can race at. Why set up a race like that on the street?
Old 11-28-2009, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He's lucky he flipped it at the end after he slowed down and not doing 100+... +1 on MUSTANGBRKR02's comment, thats way overkill for the street.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

He was lucky to walk away uninjured. A racer down here wasn't so lucky. He flipped his car a few times on the big end and had no helmet on and the rollcage beat him up and he died. If you race on the street make sure you come prepared like if you racing at the track.

Be safe out there.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
They have these new things called drag strips where you can race at. Why set up a race like that on the street?
Because they can. A better street should have been chosen for more shutdown area. I have seen faster cars than that run on the street.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Because they can. A better street should have been chosen for more shutdown area. I have seen faster cars than that run on the street.
Or it should've been done at the track. It looked like a 1/4 mile run. If that was the case and they knew there was a short shut down it should've been 1/8th mile.

I witnessed this kind of crash actually worse at the last KOTS I went to. The trouble with the road picked for the event here is that it was too damn narrow. The car went down through a ditch then over a barb wire fence and flipped several times. The drive walked away thankfully.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this kind of racing is cool to watch, but its 100% dumb to support or take part in. do it the lgeal way. obviously these people have no wife, family, kids, or good jobs that they value....otherwise they wouldnt take part in such ignorant, idiotic activites. do it at the track where you have rescue ON site incase somethings happpens....not to mention a shutdown area thats just as long as the track lol. i hate to say it, but this kinda stuff serves em right. its sad that it would take something like this to realize that racing should be done legally at a track, but soemtimes you gotta hit rock bottom before you see things clearly lol. looks like this guy was lucky.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't see how this serves him right but yes he did need a longer shut down area. I'm pretty almost every one if not every one on this board has been in a street race at one point or another so should this happen to us all?
Old 11-28-2009, 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes...ive done it before and was lucky enough to come away with nothing like this and no tickets as well. but to take a car of that power on a street that is lined by driveways, power lines, trees, curbs, etc......thats just a combo that spells disaster. and most of the time it will take something of this nature to cause one to stop this kinda of activity. so luckily he walked away from it unhurt, and hopefully wont do it again! so kinda yea......in a way this was a good thing that happened.....since he wasnt hurt and it could potentially be an eye-opener to take it to the track
Old 11-28-2009, 02:21 PM
master of the "jack"stand

Cool vid, but honestly these aren't the sharpest tacks in the drawer racing on a street lined with poles and trees, not to mention trees at the end of the street.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Launching!

As far as i have seen they have done it in the same spot for a number of years...
Old 11-28-2009, 04:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ls1N20
As far as i have seen they have done it in the same spot for a number of years...

I have been to many of these events. Very organized and I support it but, that was a stupid *** spot that they picked out. It almost looked as if the cars brakes went out and to avoid runnin straight on into somethin he chose to roll it. Yall have to admit that this kind of street racing is safer then the idiots I see on here nailin it on a highway with traffic all around them or idiots doing it on a public road stoplight to stoplight. Those are the idiots that **** me off who cares how much power the car makes.

If your gonna race on the street do it organized like these guys or do it on a highway where there is zero traffic and no way possible that someone can pull out in front of you.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Launching!

Well i have too done street racing, but it is illegal and you will go to jail if caught... in florida as far as i know. I do agree with you though. I wouldn;t mind going to watch either but thats just as bad haha. Organized events> random racing is always gonna be better
Old 11-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

damn, thats crazy! shoulda opted for the big brake kit.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:45 PM
TECH Resident

When me a couple others off this borad go to Mexico to race we go where ther is no one around, no light poles and it's very open just ditches and feilds by us. We keep it very organized and usually a last minute decisions on the spot to keep people from heading out early and being stupid about it and we also have different routes to each location so it's not one big group parade.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:45 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

i would have opted for taking out the front end, killing the suspenion and wheels before id turn the wheel.
that shutdown looked very short.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BADMOON
I have been to many of these events. Very organized and I support it but, that was a stupid *** spot that they picked out. It almost looked as if the cars brakes went out and to avoid runnin straight on into somethin he chose to roll it. Yall have to admit that this kind of street racing is safer then the idiots I see on here nailin it on a highway with traffic all around them or idiots doing it on a public road stoplight to stoplight. Those are the idiots that **** me off who cares how much power the car makes.

If your gonna race on the street do it organized like these guys or do it on a highway where there is zero traffic and no way possible that someone can pull out in front of you.
No doubt then we well organized this kind of race is far safer then a highway race or your average street race. But man when I saw a car roll that first time I was like so wtf is everyone going to do if the guy is hurt. Luckily he walked away from it with just a couple bruises. Like the event that 1320 went to in Chicago I hope more people can find tracks willing to host an arm drop street type of event. Just prep the starting line like you do on the streets and the let the guys have at it.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Launching!

Thank god for roll cages
Old 11-28-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you take chances like that (racing on the street), you've gotta be man enough to stand up to the consequences.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Restricted User

that would suck...