Nice car. And at least its American
Old 02-14-2004, 10:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was waiting for someone to beef one up..it was only a matter of time
Old 02-14-2004, 11:15 PM
TECH Resident

Nice numbers although.......What exactly are they spraying into the intercooler/radiator area? Makes me think those numbers are a little high if it needs some cooling just sitting on the dyno for a short run.
Old 02-14-2004, 11:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's one sick little car.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matt4WS6
Your average run of the mill 500hp SRT-4 Right Click Save As
I'm just waiting for the update a week later where they describe the bottom end falling apart! That car is on borrowed time just like a factory LS1 with a 250HP shot of nitrous.
Old 02-15-2004, 03:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Magred2001vette
I'm just waiting for the update a week later where they describe the bottom end falling apart! That car is on borrowed time just like a factory LS1 with a 250HP shot of nitrous.
A factory LS1 with a 250-shot isn't on borrowed time. It's on negative time.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Magred2001vette
Actually from what I've read. Dodge was in a hurry to put out these cars. So they overbuilt EVERYTHING. I think with proper tuning the car can keep those numbers. I know of quite a few stock bottom end Nissan SR20DET's that put out well over 400hp on a daily basis.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:46 AM
On The Tree

hate to run into that thing on the street......not that many fast "imports/euros/ricers" down here
Old 02-15-2004, 09:45 AM
7 Second Club

very nice, hope it can sustain those #s without the bottom end!
Old 02-15-2004, 11:25 AM
TECH Pimp

The owners name is john anderson... He lives here in houston.

Im actualy looking forward to racing him the first chance I get. As you can see in that video his car takes a lot of time to spool up..
Old 02-15-2004, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01 Mineral
The owners name is john anderson... He lives here in houston.

Im actualy looking forward to racing him the first chance I get. As you can see in that video his car takes a lot of time to spool up..
Yeah the car did seem to have a lot of lag.

It does bring a smile to my face knowing that an American compact is causing such a stir in the predominantly import ruled sport compact world.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:46 PM
TECH Veteran

While im sure the car makes alot of power the numbers are skewed. They were spraying some type of coolant probably CO2. That lowers the temperature in the intercooler and also raises the HP. While I wouldnt care if he had a actual intercooler cooling kit such as the one NX sells. You dont usually have a buddy hanging on to your front bumper with a CO2 bottle while you drive around.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by maddboost
While im sure the car makes alot of power the numbers are skewed. They were spraying some type of coolant probably CO2. That lowers the temperature in the intercooler and also raises the HP. While I wouldnt care if he had a actual intercooler cooling kit such as the one NX sells. You dont usually have a buddy hanging on to your front bumper with a CO2 bottle while you drive around.
Does that really matter? On a dyno the airflow is MUCH lower then that of the car driving down the road. An intercooler that would otherwise be efficent on the street becomes very inefficient. Getting heat soaked sucks. I used to run a top mount intercooler on my Nissan, and it was no fun. Spraying the intercooler or not. Those numbers are VERY impressive.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Does that really matter? On a dyno the airflow is MUCH lower then that of the car driving down the road. An intercooler that would otherwise be efficent on the street becomes very inefficient. Getting heat soaked sucks. I used to run a top mount intercooler on my Nissan, and it was no fun. Spraying the intercooler or not. Those numbers are VERY impressive.
Actually I have seen Supras on a dyno with a NX cooler spray and pick up between 50 and 75 hp. More then you would pick up from driving down the street. So your comparison between spraying the intercooler and driving down the road is pretty far fetched.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Actually I have seen Supras on a dyno with a NX cooler spray and pick up between 50 and 75 hp. More then you would pick up from driving down the street. So your comparison between spraying the intercooler and driving down the road is pretty far fetched.
You're talking about a NX cooler that sprays WHILE the car is rolling. The guy simply walked in front of the car VERY briefly and sprayed. My comparison is not far fetched at all. I have several friends with the NX kit. BIG difference.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:42 PM
TECH Veteran

You're talking about a NX cooler that sprays WHILE the car is rolling. The guy simply walked in front of the car VERY briefly and sprayed. My comparison is not far fetched at all. I have several friends with the NX kit. BIG difference.
Looks like a dyno trick to me. If you really cared about what your car did you wouldnt spray the intercooler to "See what kind of power it puts on the street" you would drive it on the street and hand everyone their ***.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks like a dyno trick to me. If you really cared about what your car did you wouldnt spray the intercooler to "See what kind of power it puts on the street" you would drive it on the street and hand everyone their ***.
That's pretty far off the topic. Point is he put down 500hp. Stock bottom end, basically just a bigger turbo, bigger injectors, lots of tuning, and a couple other things. Impressive in my book.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:15 PM
10 Second Club

That's pretty far off the topic. Point is he put down 500hp. Stock bottom end, basically just a bigger turbo, bigger injectors, lots of tuning, and a couple other things. Impressive in my book.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Be it not near 500whp, but I have been driving around my friends SRT while she is in LA for the week. Let me tell you. This lil Faulker is fun. To keep myself from getting into trouble if she reads this....I will just say this. Lots of cars = 0 / me = 1+
And did I mentiont that this things drives as if it is on rails? Sweeping turns that most avg cars shouldn't take past 50mph, I was able to double that and not for a single second did the car feel loose or push what so ever.