Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

need some opinions - jeep stuff

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some opinions - jeep stuff

So my jeep has always had half doors, which means the upper portion was an easily removable canvas fabric with glass sliding windows... easy removal is great for trail rides etc, but not so great for DD duties. I picked up these full doors off craigslist, but since my rig is a somewhat rare color i opted for black.

i thought it looked funny at first, but the more i see it the more i like it. If you saw this thing cruising down the road, what would you think? Doors look out of place? or does it go well with the black fenders/wheels/front grille?

I'm debating whether to color match them, or paint them a satin black to match the sheen of the fenders/grill. The Jeep community seems to like the black doors, but in jeep world everything is mismatched and covered in black armor. I need some outsiders opinions!

i also got suggestions to paint the front inner aluminum fenders black... i refuse to do that, the front fenders are very expensive and the aluminum inner fenders is one reason i love them.

Last edited by 'WHEELS'; 06-07-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:46 PM
TECH Resident

with jeeps, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. anyone that doesn't own one thinks we're all ******** in them anyway i think.

my 89 still has the half doors, and soft top, with plastic windows everywhere 'cept the windshield. thing is noisy as hell at 60mph.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:45 PM
On The Tree

That's exactly why I got full doors lol. I can't believe I waited this long to get some, SO much better.

I get a lot of **** for worrying about the appearance of my rig, I like my **** clean and sexy lol.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Jeep looks great!
If you prefer not to paint the inner fenders, but get curious - you could always try the spray on plasti-dip method.
If you don't like it you can always peel it off, or leave it on to protect it from rocks and other debris. Best part is, it won't harm the finish.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

Oh yeah I forgot about that stuff! I may give that a try. Maybe even just painting the little aluminum triangle on the side black will help tie in the doors better. We'll see.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't listen to the jeep community, those doors need to be blue, they look out of place.