Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Simple photoshop for Operation Enduring Freedom t shirt...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Simple photoshop for Operation Enduring Freedom t shirt...

I don't know if this is the right section for this but...Long story short. I designed this picture to be placed on a shirt for my platoon... It is an inside joke, so none of you would get it... problem is, I need photoshop but don't have access to it since I am in Afghanistan... Would one of you fine gentlemen please do me the honors of photoshopping the attached image...(can't link to photobucket on this computer) following this guide.
http://www.cafepress.com/cp/learn/in...ge=blackshirts
I basically will be having the colored portion printed on the front, and the shirt will be black... therefore I don't want the black portion of the image printed on the shirt... so I need it to be photoshopped so that the image is 'transparent'. Think anyone could do this for me? I'd realllllllly appreciate it. The shirts are gifts for the platoon since we're going to be here through christmas... so much appreciation for anyone that can do this for me.
Attached Thumbnails Simple photoshop for Operation Enduring Freedom t shirt...-front-shirt.jpg  

Last edited by UnVMySS; 11-16-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hope you make it back safe bro. E5 12N here and I just got back from RC South late Oct
Old 11-16-2012, 03:52 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks man. Appreciate it...

Anyone?
Old 11-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

I cannot help but the link you put is fucked up.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give this a shot, let me know if its not quite what you wanted. All I did was delete the black.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7GA...9Ncmkybjg/edit
Old 11-16-2012, 07:43 PM
TECH Resident

I think the link is fixed... I dunno what happened. I'll copy and paste what it says regardless ...
strait from the website...

When designing for dark t-shirts at CafePress, keep in mind that white areas of your designs will no longer be treated as transparent when printing on dark. For example, if your image is on a white background, the white background will be printed along with your design. The whites of the eyes will be white, not the color of the garment.

You'll want to create and upload transparent images to obtain professional looking t-shirt designs. Start by choosing your background color.

These tutorials provide step-by-step instructions for creating transparent images and removing "halos" (the residual specks of color outlining a design that was originally created on a lighter colored background):

Photoshop
Paint Shop Pro
Illustrator
CorelDraw
Old 11-16-2012, 07:49 PM
TECH Resident

Bill,
Thanks man, but it didn't work... Maybe my post just before this would help in describing what I need...
I am no photoshop expert, but I just want the colored part to be showing, so all the black will not be actually printed. Thanks! So much appreciated.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

I'm going to attempt what you are describing but your request in not very simple. What format would you like the file saved as?
Old 11-16-2012, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

I was able to get it done after a couple mins. In order to save the file it has to be in a .psd or the background will be white, currently it has no fill. Do you want me to email it to you? I tested the image on cafepress and it works fine as a .psd file. Just post or PM me your email and ill send you the file.

Thanks for your service!

Last edited by FirebirdTransAm; 11-16-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:21 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks so much firebirdtransam! and you too Bill for trying to help! Yes, please email it to james42806@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot guys!!! MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Quick Reply: Simple photoshop for Operation Enduring Freedom t shirt...