Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

New jumping pictures of my Raptor, plus another video, this time with Gisele

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New jumping pictures of my Raptor, plus another video, this time with Gisele

Been enjoying this truck way too much, from day one, bought it in July.

And finally, took Gisele out for a ride:

Previous video with Suki:

Video with our Raptors jumping around:

Old 02-17-2013, 10:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The first picture is sick! The videos are better though, suki looks great
Old 02-17-2013, 12:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just dont do this...
Old 02-17-2013, 01:06 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Googling "xo Gisele" made my day at work much better
Old 02-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

I have gotten about as much air in my "90 taurus. haha

The raptor is one expensive, decent looking, slow, low performing truck. Kinda like putting coil overs and a CAI on a civic and calling it a race car. I like the look but nothing at all impresses me about the raptor. Like everything ford they don't perform very well at all hell supercharged they run 14s!!! That is VERY good for speeding down a desert road or sounds like lots of power to make it through the mud.
If you care to waste your time here is one of these amazing performance trucks!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

Always gotta be jealous haters.........

Good looking truck. I love them!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

No jelousy here!!!

I hate based on facts! Here is you high perfomance offroad truck! Give me $50, 000 but it won't be fast it won't be any faster the a stock 4x4.

Opinions are obviously up to each person. Facts can't be ignored.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:25 PM
11 Second Club

This is not a truck that was built around drag racing lol. 385hp truck that according to an unofficial dash mount timer runs a 14.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:35 PM
Launching!

Not sure why 1/4 mile performance is being discussed when talking about the Raptor??? Time to go to bed, maybe it's just late and I'm imagining things.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:19 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

1/4 time is good well known way to see how a vehical performs compaired to others.

If you noticed I already gave the answer to this question
"That is VERY good for speeding down a desert road or sounds like lots of power to make it through the mud."

The raptor is about as performance oriented in it's respective field as a lightning!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:48 AM
Teching In

wow. custm2500, your argument is so childish that I dont even feel like replying to it.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Launching!

I'm hoping that he's joking and just trolling the **** out of us :-(
Old 02-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Childish? I didn't just say "I hate that gay looking pile of crap."

I am using facts and my knowledge from looking at them and seeing them run. It are an over priced pig with lipstick.

Ford trucks leave a lot to be desired in every repect, especialy in "performance." I don't know how many ford trucks you guys have driven recently but they suck big time. Dogshit slow, ride like total ***, brake down like they are designed to, and don't respond to modifications with dick! The company I worked for bought nothing but fords so I have driven quite a few trucks from "04-"12s. The most priemum of them being this

I am not trolling, I am telling my opinion that is based on a lot of facts.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Childish? I didn't just say "I hate that gay looking pile of crap."

I am using facts and my knowledge from looking at them and seeing them run. It are an over priced pig with lipstick.

Ford trucks leave a lot to be desired in every repect, especialy in "performance." I don't know how many ford trucks you guys have driven recently but they suck big time. Dogshit slow, ride like total ***, brake down like they are designed to, and don't respond to modifications with dick! The company I worked for bought nothing but fords so I have driven quite a few trucks from "04-"12s. The most priemum of them being this

I am not trolling, I am telling my opinion that is based on a lot of facts.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:55 AM
Launching!

But you keep saying a Raptor isn't good at the 1/4 mile, as if that's some be-all benchmark when 1/4 performance is literally the last thing it was designed for. Even with a good motor, the tires alone are going to slow it down, let alone the weight and aero.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Tires are aero aren't holding it back. Take a look over at performancetrucks.net. Plenty of slightly modified lifted 4x4 chevys are running well better then these things do.

Yes 1/4 mile is a great tool to compair anything performance aside from a land speed record car. These are "meant" to be a prerunner right out of the box. A prerunner needs to be fast out of the hole, have a good top speed, and have power to get over rough terrain. Sorry but these trucks have none of this going for them.

If this was a rock crawler 1/4 would mean very little. If this was a tow truck 1/4 might not be as important. This is a "high performance offroad truck" and it isn't very high performance.

Clearly we differ in opinion, and there is no need to argue for ever. I plead my case because people called me out that I was just talking trash and I wasn't. No need to argue over this forever. Do some research and see if you still feel this truck is so awesome, or if you come to my side and see it as a mall crawling pig with lipstick.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:12 PM
11 Second Club

where does ford call it a "high performance" off road truck? even if they do, how are they wrong. what other trucks are in the same class as the raptor? none. nobody else makes one to compete.

i like the raptors because they arent the same as every other boring pickup i see on a daily basis.

guys the best truck ever invented is the 2500 reg cab work truck.....
Old 02-18-2013, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice pics
Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by custm2500
Tires are aero aren't holding it back. Take a look over at performancetrucks.net. Plenty of slightly modified lifted 4x4 chevys are running well better then these things do.

Yes 1/4 mile is a great tool to compair anything performance aside from a land speed record car. These are "meant" to be a prerunner right out of the box. A prerunner needs to be fast out of the hole, have a good top speed, and have power to get over rough terrain. Sorry but these trucks have none of this going for them.

If this was a rock crawler 1/4 would mean very little. If this was a tow truck 1/4 might not be as important. This is a "high performance offroad truck" and it isn't very high performance.

Clearly we differ in opinion, and there is no need to argue for ever. I plead my case because people called me out that I was just talking trash and I wasn't. No need to argue over this forever. Do some research and see if you still feel this truck is so awesome, or if you come to my side and see it as a mall crawling pig with lipstick.
Not a raptor but I have an ecoboost f150 with a livernois tuner and downpipe and let me tell you this truck freaking flies. This is coming from someone who has a twin turbo gto as their weekend car. Plenty of guys running high twelves/low thirteens quarter mile times with this combo on their 6000 pound truck.

To the op thanks for the pics/videos and the girls are a nice touch!

For the chevy lovers:

Quick Reply: New jumping pictures of my Raptor, plus another video, this time with Gisele