Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Could not buy a new vette at full price with cash !

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 08:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could not buy a new vette at full price with cash !

I sold my pro touring camaro and my cobra to buy a new vette.
ma. sucks to buy anything so we made the trip up to NH . to the #1 vette dealer mac mulkin chevrolet, since they said they have 8 of the exect car I was looking for.
I walked in with cask on me, I waited a few hours to talk to the vette specalist that told me he had 4 grand sports in black manual in stock, well another hour waiting to go to the warehouse and there was only one there. The one I wanted with the red interia was in another warehouse hours away.
The only issue was I had to waith a week for him to bring it to the showroom ,no Ill have it here in a few hours or tomorrow,no sorrys, no price drops, no extras.
The only thing I asked is for the solid targa top to be swiched out for a glass top since most of his vettes came with bolth and he has plenty of extra tops.
NO Way he said, I told I have cash..full price and I will pay today.
He said the parts department has them for $1,600.00
I sail its a deal breaker and if it doesnt have the top on it your loosing a sale.
He said Im not giving you nothing ..oh well.
I walked and was so pissed I could not belive I could not go to a dealer with cash and buy a new vette..WTF!!!!
Even if They called and said its here and the tops on it I would not go back because of the awful sales service.
For the price I will look for a used callaway or 100th anniversery.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW

why not get a ZR1? C6Z?

The 100th would be bad *** tho.

Some people just won't stop being ******** at any cost.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:36 AM
TECH Resident

Someone else will pay the full pop thats for sure
Old 04-09-2013, 10:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sue the hell out of them.

law states that if you offer someone full asking price for a car or home, they can NOT legally decline your full asking price offer.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

You had to wait several hours to talk to someone? Another hour to look at a car?
Old 04-09-2013, 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friend bought his 12 GS there last year and was pretty happy with how the deal went through. Got a smokin deal too at the time.

I'm surprised they didn't work with you.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Staging Lane

Its a great deal even with paying extra for the top .
But it not the experence I was looking to have buying my first new anything nevermind a new vette.
I should not have had to wait all day after driving over a hour to get there.
I should not have to wait a week to get a car they had in another warehouse.
I should not have to pay full price or anything at all for a glass top that they give a spare with other higher priced vettes. expecally when Im standing there with cash in hand and my plate!
I never been so pissed in my life, the bad thing is its a good price and the only one I can find in that color combo.
Its either buy it now or forget it so If I do go back I will not give my buisness with that a hole sales man.
The funny thing is the guy who was older than me came in about 1 hour after me and he delt with them 1st..he lost that sale too. He would not give him anything on his trade he had bought from him last year.
So you would figure a simple top to close atleast one deal would be a no brainer.
I would buy a callaway if I could find one in black for under $60 ,no zxr or zo6 because I want a targa top.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

Hopefully your speech while dealing with him was better than your typing.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry fat fingers/fat wallet, the cash should do the talking.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

That blows. Maybe you should have talked to a manager.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts

Full price for a C6??? Now??? Can't say I understand why anyone would pay full price for a C6 at this time.

Beyond that, I had nearly the same experience when I tried to buy a Cent. ZR1 just over a year ago. Not sure why salesmen feel they can insult someone trying to buy the most expensive vehicle on their lot??

I ended up walking away from buying a ZR entirely and found my Grand Sport. I couldn't be happier with the outcome of my decision and I will NEVER buy another new vehicle from GM again (Have purchased 3 new with next to zero respect for customer loyalty shown by any GM employee - especially service).

Recently bought my '03 Silverado SS private (not a big purchase, just my beater truck replacement), such a smooth and easy transaction. I much prefer dealing with the actual owner of a vehicle and not some shady saleman trying to scam as much as possible on every deal.

/rant...
Old 04-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

I hate car salesman. I understand trying to make a living and I would gladly give you my money if you made me feel taken care of instead of trying to get over on me.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Sticker for the car probably doesn't include his commission. He'd probably be getting ripped off for cash now that's why he was being an ***. Unless the dealership markup includes his commission. What about sales tax on top of the car? I know NH doesn't have a tax of some kind, but I think they have sales tax.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

I gave a $10,000 deposit on a GNX when they were announced. When the car arrived the dealer would not sell it to me. He had learned that others were auctioning them off for 2 to 3x list price. I probably could have sued and won, but I was a young college student and did not have the time or wherewithal to deal with it.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tainted
sue the hell out of them.

law states that if you offer someone full asking price for a car or home, they can NOT legally decline your full asking price offer.

What law?
Old 04-10-2013, 08:28 AM
TECH Resident

man that blows, honestly id just wait for a new c7 but i don't think there coming targa top? Sucks op just be patient and keep on looking!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28

What law?
You think im wrong look it up. I cant speak for other states but here in indiana that is a law and was confirmed by a city lawyer several years ago.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:51 AM
11 Second Club

That is crazy as hell. That's one of the few reasons I have refused to buy anything new so far. I have worked at a couple of dealerships and I have seen the **** the sales people pull. I just buy used and save money, time and aggrevation.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:58 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So where are the pictures at?
Old 04-10-2013, 09:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

As hard hit as the auto makers have been the last few years it doesn't make since to allienate customers.

I would contact the Chevy regional office and let them know about how poorly you where treated.

I would not go back to that dealership, I work to hard for my money to go chasing someone begging them to take it from me. If they don't appreciate that then they don't get my money.

I found a dealership I like, it's small, but anything I want they will get it for me even if they have to go half may across the country for it.

o to a local dealer and see if they can locat what you want.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Could not buy a new vette at full price with cash !