GMMG: History Of The GM Supercars

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 10:35 AM
LS1Tech Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMMG: History Of The GM Supercars

GMMG: History Of The GM Supercars
By Justin Fivella

What I wouldn't give for a GMMG-built ZL1 or Dick Harrell widebody 4th Gen. Camaro with a C5.R 427 cubic inch motor? Seriously, does it get any better than the GMMG cars when it comes to the 4th Gens.? Just the other day I found myself daydreaming about the ultra rare cars that came as the result of the factory, GMMG and certain dealership partnering together to make some of the most interesting F-bodies to ever roll the streets. Which obviously prompted some image searches that led me to a cool documentary on Matt Murphy, the creator of GMMG and the many awesome cars he built for a select few dealers that were bold enough to offer these factory backed supercars!
No matter if we're talking the Blackbird Pontiac Trans Am, Intimidator SS Camaro, Berger SS Camaro, Tom Henry SS Camaro, the
HOT ROD Magazine SS Camaro or the high zoot ZL-1 Supercar and Dick Harrell cars, the GMMG cars were ultra exclusive and oh so special. Sit back and enjoy this cool video that takes a glimpse at a special time in GM's rich history.

Look for the main-page post soon!

Video here:
http://www.streetfire.net/video/gmmg-history-of-the-supercar-camaro_164539.htm

Last edited by loloone; 01-29-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes truly awesome cars. Glad some had the foresight to build and sell these. Any owners are really lucky. Need more threads containing these cars!
Old 01-30-2014, 11:14 AM
Teching In

so sick, wish I had one of the ZL-1 or Dick Harell Camaros in my driveway.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wish we can get the GMMG body fenders. I can only dream. Thanks
Old 01-30-2014, 12:27 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are some very knowledgeable GMMG owners that still post on here. Check out the special edition area (and Camaro & Firebird specific sections, to a lesser extent) to see what pops up now and then.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

I always loved and respected the GMMG built cars, I remember seeing them for the first time at either the 01 or 02 and 03 F-body gathering in Bowling Green. The Berger crew was there and so was the GMMG crew, I always wanted a 02 Berger car white with orange stripes and phase 3 package! I took a ride with Dennis Barker in the Hot Rod truck they built, if I remember right it had a LS7 and T-56 in a 03 short bed regular cab truck. It was a fun ride!!

Quick Reply: GMMG: History Of The GM Supercars